Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newark Rear End Noise

Originally posted by Grum View Post
    Hi Dave, powder coating is great if the surface preparation is done to a high standard and the heating and cooling regimes are correct, otherwise it can give more problems than its worth. In my opinion, don't be tempted to use Hammerite as this cures too hard and chips allowing moisture to migrate under the paint unless you give it a good over coating of some sort of underseal. I seem to remember reading somewhere that parts of the chassis were built with galvanised steel but maybe that was the earlier cars.
    Regards
    Geoff
    I have mentioned elsewhere on the forum that another cause of powder coating lifting and subsequent rusting is where sharp edges have not been removed prior to application. This also applies to paint which migrates away from sharp edges causing the coat to be locally thin. Best to grind or sand a good radius wherever possible before coating, whatever the method chosen. Peter.

Comment

Now collected Marlin from Dave Billings work done is of high quality really pleased with it, see attached pictures of how it should be Onward with lashings of rust preventer and underseal, then start to put it all back together when I returtn from holiday.
      Also had a neat bracket made for the front to attach an A Frame, unable to send pics at the moment as the front end is squeezed up against the garage wall will post pics when out of garage.
      Regards
      Dave

Comment

Am I the only one who cannot view?

Comment

No I can't see them either, they must need re-inserting I think, somehow corrupt in the post.

Comment

Hi
            Trying again hopefully pictures attached this time.
            If not I am confused as I think I have followed instructions correctly, and they are JPEG.
            Regards
            Dave

IMG_2233.jpgIMG_2234.jpgIMG_2235.jpgIMG_2236.jpg

Comment

that works now!

Comment

Nice job. Quite extensive repair, well done.

Comment

Working...
                X