Door windows, ill fitting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door windows, ill fitting.

Hi all, the first of many questions specific to the Berlinetta...

I have noticed my drivers wind up window has a 15mm gap right down the front edge of the glass when it is fully wound up.

I then checked the passenger window and found that because the top rail is missing, the window comes up about another 40mm and the gap at the front is filled.

Not having a hard top or having the soft top fitted I can't check yet but I suspect if the glass comes significantly above the top of the nominal top of the door frame, it will impact on the roof gutter above the door opening.

My question is, is this 'normal' (Michael thinks it's for ventilation), or are my windows fitted with the wrong glass, is the back sliding rail fitted too far back or is there some other explanation?

I don't have a photograph right now but I will add one later.

Re: Door windows, ill fitting.

If the doors and glass are as supplied by Marlin there would be no gaps. You do not need hard top or soft top fitted because there should be front, top and rear frame work . channel which is fitted and welded. A picture would help, it may be that the top parts have been removed, ie some mod carried out by the builder. I have sent you an email ref your upper column.

Comment

Working...
    X