rear lights, possibilities, alternatives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: rear lights, possibilities, alternatives

Think Europa sell these type of combination lights (link below)

Online shop and mail order for classic car, vintage, kit car race car and motorsport parts and accessories quality service trading for 40 years.

Comment

Old threads never die , eh*

Anyway, if you** needs some lights and arent in a rush you can get these for 20 quid delivered

*they just hang around until a flame war begins ....

** whoever 'you' is
      Last edited by rooha; 10-11-14, 06:50 PM.

Comment

maybe my above posting was misunderstood:

the last picture i posted showed some rear-wings with posts for fitting such rubbolit stlye lights.

but without such wings no chance.....

marlin factory seems to insist that those wings never came with a sportster, the owners of those cars insist that the kit came with those wings.

anyway...dont want to argue who is wrong or right...my question now is:

who can supply the rear wings for a sportster with posts for such lights, as i´m not able modifyng the wings on my car myselves.

my skills are limited, i can repair and built you an engine....but fibreglass is not my friend!!

(by the way...its nice getting some links for alternative lights, but due to the reg date my car has being declared as historic-vehicle...therefore LED lights are a NO-Go!! strict rules over here in germania!!)

surplus: LED indicatorss need a pre-resistance wired into the electrical circuit for working correctly
        Last edited by Sportster-Green; 18-11-14, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Check out www.ngkitcars.co.uk for rear light pods and fit Land Rover rear lamps with bulbs and not LEDs for that old fashioned look.

Further checks www.brandshatchmorgan have the rear lamp pods (plastic) £6.24 each, and then buy the cheapest Land Rover Defender lamps off EBay.
          And of course you have several Morgan dealerships in Germany and Switzerland who could help, although the lamps would be very expensive, but the pods or plinths may be cheap as they are plastic. These are fitted to the wing with screws, so if you can use a drill and a screwdriver no problem.
          Last edited by cameronfurnival; 12-11-14, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Looks like NG cars are no more, I got this from the club website "Findhorn cars are no more - Status: Dissolved 21/02/2012 from Companies House web check12-09-14"
            Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

the morgan plinths have already be mentioned before and its also one of my favourites...but i have not found a web-shop where i can klick&buy such plinths...anybody has a link to an online shop for those parts?

Comment

Alternatively you could try these......

However, these take the smaller and cheaper Land Rover style lamps such as the Lucas L594, L488, L489
                Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
                - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Yet another Morgan Option........

These are cheap at £6.24
                  Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
                  - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

thanks folks for the links.....meanwhile Marlin has replied...there are new rear sportster wings available which already include posts for this oval rubbolite trailer lights.

as i have to repair and paint my existing wings anyway (fill in the holes of the original lights, repair stonechips at front of the wings), the new wing solution is better...i can keep my car assembled and in useable condition until the new wings are painted, lamps fitted and wired.

so the final job, changing the wings is done on a saturday morning...and i have still 2 spare wings after!!
                    Last edited by Sportster-Green; 18-11-14, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Hi. I bought these carbon fibre effect pods from CBS, and fitted them last week. Needed cutting at an angle, and some rubber edging at the bottom, but they work well for my light which are around 125mm in diameter. Friends had commented that they struggled to see my brake lights when behind me, but I just said that's coz I'm faster than them....
                      Attached Files

Comment

got new wings from marlin meanwhile (same style as below pic)...they are away for painting now.

Marlin_Sportster_2012_07_1.jpg

@robdnico:

as my car is classed as "histroic-vehicle" carbon-effect style lights are a no-go over here.

by the way: if somebody is after a set of rear wings, with hamburger-stlye lights fitted...they are soon for sale!!
                        Last edited by Sportster-Green; 31-03-15, 10:02 AM.

Comment

I do like a Sportster done in the 'historic' style, but felt I would go a bit more 'modern' with mine. Don't know if you would like mine much Sportster-Green ?????? Carbon fibre dash, door cards and interior panels, carbon skinned led lights and mirrors, digital dash, F1 style steering wheel and bucket seats, sorry! I truly believe each to their own. I admire all brave Sportster builders out there. Need to get mine painted, but haven't found the big brown envelope full of cash down the back of the sofa yet. Maybe later in the year....

Comment

hey..no problem doing it the modern way......if i would be allowed by our MOT ( TÜV) i would use such modern things, too. as my car has a thought after historic registration (even everybody knows that a sportster isnt "historic") i can´t use carbon material or modern lights on my car.

Comment

Working...
                            X