Rebuild Diary MkI Roadster YTB 432

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rebuild Diary MkI Roadster YTB 432

Thanks Mike, but no thanks. A good idea which I would take up if I were not rebuilding "as was" ie small f'glass turrets on the front wings for the
    flat bar - and I've now found the bar stored away in it's safe place
    Attached Files

Comment

Four wings on my wagon - plenty of f/glass fettling
      Tomorrow it's time to play electricians
      Attached Files

Comment

Looking good
        Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Doesn't it seem tiny when on it's wheels.....had got too used to it being at a convenient working height

Big moment yesterday when I drove it out of & back into the garage - I believe it's the first time under it's own power in many years, and all appears to be in order ie clutch gears and brakes

I have made a proper number plate frame for the rear, didn't like the earlier one.

Still a fair bit to do, haven't looked at the bonnet yet, and both doors need repainting - and before you ask, I don't know if it will be ready in time for Stoneleigh.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by dcunn; 19-03-15, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Fab work DC - another one back on the road

Comment

MMMM looking good well done
              Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Car is booked for a "mechanics look over" this coming Friday 10 April, and MoT to follow soon thereafter.

Paint job needs work, and there's no interior trim....the car will be up for sale once the MoT is done.
                Attached Files

Comment

Dave, you are very self critical. You've done a great job and someone will have a load of fun with that little roadster, knowing that all the donkey-work has been done. David

Comment

Originally posted by copperleaves11 View Post
                    Dave, you are very self critical. You've done a great job and someone will have a load of fun with that little roadster, knowing that all the donkey-work has been done. David
                    +1 from me.
                    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
                    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
                    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
                    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
                    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

YTB has passed MoT today.....don't they get draughty at 55 mph !

Anyone want to buy it so that I can fund my next project ?

Rgds DC

Comment

Originally posted by dcunn View Post
                        YTB has passed MoT today.....don't they get draughty at 55 mph !

Anyone want to buy it so that I can fund my next project ?

Rgds DC
                        Well done DC.
                        - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
                        - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
                        - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
                        - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
                        - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Well done Dave , you've made a very neat job of it.

Comment

Hi D.C. great job looks fantastic and will be a good follow on project for someone, another Roadster lives and breathes.

Comment

Well done David, see you Tuesday!

Comment

Thanks to all for their kind comments

Looking forward to it Dog

Rgds DC

Comment

Working...
                                X