Rebuild Diary MkI Roadster YTB 432

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rebuild Diary MkI Roadster YTB 432

Looking good Dave. That gear selector turret looks like the TR3A that I had. If it is and bottom of the gear lever and selector rods are exposed underneath here is a useful tip. After liberally coating the mechanism with grease cut a small corner off a strong polythene bag and slip it down over the gear lever. Slide the bag under and along the turret and put a cable tie around it. This will stop dust and dirt clogging the mechanism and drying the grease out. Result is a permanently smooth gear shift! Peter.

Comment

many thanks Peter, will do that. Presume you noticed the extension and the way it was done (more obvious in an earlier pic) ?
      Rgds Dc

Comment

Originally posted by dcunn View Post
        many thanks Peter, will do that. Presume you noticed the extension and the way it was done (more obvious in an earlier pic) ?
        Rgds Dc
        I did indeed! Peter.

Comment

Just to prove the process is still moving forward. The fuel tank underside is repainted, when I get bench space I'll do the top. The gearbox is now cleaned and painted, and the clutch
          will go back in, no sign of any seizure - and yes I will put a little lube on the spigot bush and the operating arm pin (thanks for the tips Ben ). The pedals too need some tlc.
          Attached Files

Comment

Is that a copy of this months Tarts and Vicars I see under the pedals?

Comment

You expect "Nuts" and bolts but not the lightening. couldnt find the devil in my emoticons!!
              Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

We don't do newspapers in this house. A mate gives me his old ones to soak up all the crud....they are also sometimes distracting if you start reading whilst working LoL.
                Pedal bits now shiny (sorry, no newspapers in background)
                Attached Files
                Last edited by dcunn; 31-01-14, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Some more slow progress, really must sort out a better way of hanging that fuel tank, but there's plenty of other things to do !
                  Attached Files

Comment

Little by little by little.....engine has responded to an external clean and paint. Now fighting the front suspension, it's all coming off.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by dcunn; 18-03-14, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Looking tidy DC.
                      Ready for Stoneleigh..?
                      Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
                      Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Thanks Jez. It will be - but I'm not sure which year that will be LoL

Comment

My "bit on the side" is now finished and stored away, and one side of the front suspension gave up fighting and has surrendered !
                          Attached Files

Comment

See I told you they come off,!!
                            Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Yes. I think that the tension with both ends of the wishbone connected was stopping the bracket from moving.
                              After the wishbone and front bracket were off the rear one soon followed
                              Lol
                              DC

Comment

Progress ! One refurbished front suspension on, the other old one off (well, nearly, cos it's fighting back again!)

Note new brake calipers, the chrome was too pitted on the old seized pistons
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X