IVA Test Day Confirmed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IVA Test Day Confirmed

My IVA Test has been confirmed for Tuesday 5th Novemeber at 8.30am (Firework day - it just had to be - if I fail maybe I'll want to blow the establishment up too!)

Looking at my car I wonder if I am being a tad ambitious:

IMG_5099.jpg

IMG_5098.jpg

(I had to swap the steel rims out for the alloys as they looked so bad!)

The remaining work is really only putting it all back together, except for setting up the suspension, and headlights. I think I might follow others and book it in for a dummy MOT 10 days beforehand to see if they find anything that I have over looked, particularly headlights and emmissions, (and do they test noise in an MOT these days?)

If anyone has been following my build and has seen anything they feel could be a problem at IVA I would really appreciate it if you would share it with me, please? -no offence will be taken, I promise!

I have read the IVA manual from front to back, and am working through it section by section ticking it off, (where I can), but some things are down to subjective interpretation, and I have to accept that I have pushed the limits in places, and could fall foul to a zealous inspector - I'm really looking forward to it, now that I have a confirmed date.

The count down has really started now:
    16 Jobs : 47 hours on my list!

What have you seen that it might fail on?
    Last edited by Mike; 04-10-13, 11:04 AM.

Re: IVA Test Day Confirmed

Good Luck
    Your build quality has been so high - it can't fail.
    Brian

Learning more about:
    June '73 Marina based Mk2 Roadster
    1800 TC; 4 speed gearbox; 4.55:1 differential with 4.5pcd (the rare one!)

Another interest -www.somersetschoolsathletics.org.uk
    And another - 'Tractor Doctors' skittle team

Comment

Hi Mike

I have really enjoyed your build diary and wish you every success with the IVA.

Adrian

Comment

Originally posted by Skittler View Post
        Good Luck
        Your build quality has been so high - it can't fail.
        Thanks Skittler, (and Adrian) but it can so easily fail.......there are just so many silly little things they can pick me up on.

Whatever happens I have built the best car I can, and made my very best efforts to get it through the test first time, so I'll just have to wait and see..................

Comment

All the best for the IVA Mike. The car is really looking good. BTW I seem to remember seeing "safe edge" on the edges of the front bumpers on some cars for the IVA. Maybe I am just imagining it but it's cheaper than a retest ;-) Peter.

Comment

have faith in your undoubted abilities, you've got it covered. Regards Alan

Comment

Hi Mike the car is looking great, much beater with the alloys on the front I know the examiner will not fail you on looks but I still think a good first impression counts. Looking at the pic of the front of the car will the front edge on the inner wings where the head light bar attaches will it need some radius black trim?
              Good luck with the Iva really enjoying following your build. Angus

Comment

Good Luck Mike

DC

Comment

Originally posted by angusgrooby View Post
                  Hi Mike the car is looking great, much beater with the alloys on the front I know the examiner will not fail you on looks but I still think a good first impression counts. Looking at the pic of the front of the car will the front edge on the inner wings where the head light bar attaches will it need some radius black trim?
                  Good luck with the Iva really enjoying following your build. Angus
                  Hi Angus

Thanks for the heads up, and kind words. The Cabrio has a folded edge to the inner wing, so I believe it will be OK, but I'll check the radius to be doubly sure. I think I could be doing a lot of double checking over the next month!

It seems to be coming together quite quickly now - maybe it is just because I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel which is spurring me on.

How are you getting on with your engine transplant?
                  Are you close to putting your Roadster back on the road?

We'll have to see which one of us turns up to SEMS in their Marlin first?

I have to wait 4 weeks for my IVA test, and even if by chance it passes, the last Marlin owner to pass IVA had to wait for 11 weeks for DVLA Swansea to issue him with a V5 regisitration document!
                  So you could have 4 months to get there before me!

My understanding is our Local DVLA office at Peterborough is closing down at Christmas, so if I get any kind of a chance I will try to get my Cabrio registered there before they disappear. It would be nice to think I could get my car on the road for Christmas!

Comment

Congratulations on the test date Mike. I hope the only fireworks on the day are those of celebration.............................

Your attention to detail through the build has been second to none so it should sail through. And I agree with Angus. Get it all looking pretty. Good presentation and first impressions go a long way to putting the tester in the right frame of mind (providing he got out of bed on the right side that morning!!)

Good luck. My fingers are crossed for you.

Nigel

Comment

Working...
                    X