10 year old cabrio kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 year old cabrio kit

I have bought a part built cabrio 5-6 weeks ago that has not been touched for nearly 10 years. It has a sierra donor and the engine is a 2l twincam efi. Nicely installed with gearbox and all the running gear in the right places - I think!
    My problem is that I know very little about twincam pipework/electrics/setup etc. Is there anyone that has a similar set up that I can chat to and visit to see how they installed same and maybe some photos of where everything goes?
    Any help would be welcome as I have only just joined the club and don't know my way around yet.

Steve

Re: 10 year old cabrio kit

Hi Steve

Welcome to the Marlin Owners club.
    Sorry I can't help you with the Ford electrics, but I have sent you a PM which might be of general interest?

I'm sure there will be someone along soon to help with your electrics.

All the best
    Mike

Comment

Hi Steve
      Whereabouts are you ?, I am in Cheshire you are welcome to visit and look at mine if you are close by.
      Haynes Sierra Manual 1982 - 1993 ISBN 1 85960 090 5 may have the relevant info you need, these are on Ebay.
      Regards
      Dave

Comment

I am in between High Wycombe and Aylesbury. You are welcome to come and crawl all over my car. I also have a copy of Ford's own wiring diagrams that should help with wiring things up

Comment

It might help to put this on the Berli and Cabrio forums as more of those cars use the ford engine,
          Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Thanks for all the answers most literature I already have but things like 'what radiator is best to fit and where can I get a soft top' without spending a fortune.
            I live in Clevedon nr Bristol, so if anyone lives near I would be grateful to hear from you aswell.

Comment

Hi Steve,
              I built my 2l TC in 2008 so know what you are going through, can you let me have your e-mail address and I can send some pics that I took during the build, what sort of info are you looking for so that I can select the suitable pics.
              Cheers
              Stewart

Comment

Hi Stewart
                thanks for your reply, I am looking for details of ,what rad and size etc. whatair filters did you use and how do you fit the 'air sensors' and the like.What fuel sender did you use [I have a marlin ally tank] how do you fit the alternator with a tensioner and many more questions but these are first. please and thankyou.
                [email protected] and if you want it 01275794019 for a chat.

thanks again in advance Steve

Comment

Working...
                X