Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hood Frame Supports

Hi one and all

Does anyone have spare any hood frame inserts to connect the hood frame to the body work behind the doors?

Any condition will do.

Adrian

Re: Hood Frame Supports

Hi Adrian,

If you have no luck you could look for something similar to items 282122, 282204 and 238020 at

http://search.sailrite.com/?refineType=1&sub_attr_name=Fittings&refineValue=A wning%20Fittings&refine=1&history=70utk6i2||sub_at tr_name~Store_ID^refineValue~Retail1...22q3xzrv||c ategoryName~cat_121354%40Retail1^category~121387%4 0Retail1^subCategoryName~Frames%20%26%20Fittings^s ubCategoryName~Frames%20%26%20Fittings.

They are probably an overkill but if you use the descriptions and go back into a search for tube fittings and their subset names you may get lucky.

How are you getting on with the build

Keith

If Steve Himsworth is still monitoring the forum perhaps he can remember where he bought the frames in from. If he can then that company might be able to help

Originally posted by listerjp2 View Post
    Hi one and all

Does anyone have spare any hood frame inserts to connect the hood frame to the body work behind the doors?

Any condition will do.

Adrian

Comment

Hi Adrian
      Just to clarify, is it the tube and plate that inserts into the tub and takes the original style frame or the insert into the tube to take a folding frame that you require. If the latter I can help.

Comment

Hiya Its the tube that inserts into the tub and takes the original style frame that I require.

Comment

Hi ,Everyone, Does anybody have a drawing off this part, or can make a drawing that i can have to make some

regards Hasse

Comment

Adrian give me a Bell can make you apair B-)

Comment

Take a look at ebay item

or search for "boat hood frame deck mount" or "Bimini hood frame mounts"

Comment

Don't believe that's what Adrian's looking for Keith.

Comment

Short of a drawing this description is from another member who copied one of mine. I have some photos but cant load them at the moment.. The “Top Plate” is made out of one inch steel strip, three sixteenths of an inch thick. The size of the “top plate” is three inches long. The two counter sunk fixing holes are a quarter of an inch in diameter , the centre of the two counter sunk fixing holes is a half inch in from each end i.e. two inches apart equidistant from the centre. The bore of the tube (socket) to accept the hood frame is five eighths inches. The depth of the socket is one and three quarter inches.
                  As you appreciate the “Top Plate” is radiused,(to match the body line) I made a template and bent the plate to suite.
                  Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Hi Everyone, thanks for all your help, I will ring Lee tonight and see what he can do otherwise I will take Bens description down to a local fabricator and go from there,

Comment

Dont forget that Hasse was looking for some. He might appreciate a pair being made for his use?

Comment

100_0371.jpg100_0372.jpg100_0373.jpg100_0374.jpgHi These are from Ben along with a note "Note the tube is only welded for and aft of the tube. otherwise you will run out of bodywork to make the elongated hole. BC" I hope this helps everyone? Make sure you use the description below as well. Adrian

Comment

By the way, many thanks ben for the information

Comment

Thanks BEN ,Should be able to do something with that,cheers Hasse

Comment

Confusion reigns !!

Comment

Working...
                              X