X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berli on Ebay

Complete Berli kit hardly started. Spares? 111213941664

Re: Berli on Ebay

One more Berli just went on Ebay , Has tried to hide the Reg. looks like Q132 FLF? 271337204457. On till 09/12/13.13.08. will keep watching for any more.

Comment

Looks like a special SWB version.
      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Hi all it as front end damage and is a cat C insurance right off and needs a Vic test! is there any short wheelbase Berli?
        /

Comment

vic test?

Comment

Details below
            Attached Files

Comment

The VIC tester, can decide that the vehicle is unsafe to drive. That could include the front subframe issue if he does his homework.
              OK is not an IVA but if the iva refuse it........
              MOC member since 05/97
              1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
              1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
              Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
              The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Vic tests were introduced to stop vehicle cloning, the vosa site states..."If a car is written off by an insurance company, they will usually tell DVLA so that a ‘VIC marker’ (Vehicle Identity Check marker) can be put on the vehicle record.

If you own or buy the car, having a VIC marker means you can’t get a replacement registration certificate and you won’t be sent the V11 vehicle licence reminder you use to renew your tax disc.

To remove the VIC marker the car needs to pass a VIC test.

The VIC test compares the details DVLA has about the car against the car itself. It takes place at a VOSA (Vehicle and Operator Services Agency) test centre."

Comment

Originally posted by seacutter View Post
                  Hi all it as front end damage and is a cat C insurance right off and needs a Vic test! is there any short wheelbase Berli?
                  /

Ben's sense of humour! - its been in a crash - the front wheel has been pushed back..............doh!

Comment

thanks for the enlightenment/translation guys
                    Last edited by Tony Stott; 05-12-13, 10:57 AM.

Comment

I contacted the guy to ask if it had ever been in an accident.
                      "Dear mazur.uk2013,

has this car been in an accident at all? THe front looks quite badly damaged.
                      Thanks."
                      HIs reply...

"Only looks badly but is easy too repair"

Comment

I was in the area today and as I'm looking for a Berli for a project I called and had a look at this Berli, in my opinion and I say it is only my opinion! but the way the doors closed and the door gaps or lack of any! I think it's worse than it looks.
                        It as had a fairly heavy shunt
                        Again I must say this is only my opinion and was a swift look over in fading light! if anyone as an interest you should inspect it your self.

Comment

Originally posted by seacutter View Post
                          I was in the area today and as I'm looking for a Berli for a project I called and had a look at this Berli, in my opinion and I say it is only my opinion! but the way the doors closed and the door gaps or lack of any! I think it's worse than it looks.
                          It as had a fairly heavy shunt
                          Again I must say this is only my opinion and was a swift look over in fading light! if anyone as an interest you should inspect it your self.

So Ben was right - it is a SWB special!

Comment

Well this one sparked up a bit of debate. Nice one guys, but still curious was it a Cat C or just battered? Perhaps one day, we will fine out, as now sold.

Comment

Well a lot to pay and no v5. It has a VIC marker so will have to be VOSA inspected before the new owner gets a V5. Could be the car has been bought to restore an old Cortina.
                              Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Working...
                              X