Future Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Future Shows

Helpful, not listed on their website. Do you have dates? Can you add to the calendar?

Newark Cancelled
    Last edited by stevejgreen; 14-01-14, 06:04 PM.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Hi steve, i've just looked on the calender, but my pc is showing Powdersham is on each day from July 12th to Nov 13. that cant be correct ?

Comment

Originally posted by Alan,Glos'ter View Post
        Hi steve, i've just looked on the calender, but my pc is showing Powdersham is on each day from July 12th to Nov 13. that cant be correct ?

Ahh. Deliberate mistake spotted by someone who cares.

Rectified.
        MOC member since 05/97
        1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Comment

Future Social Meets

Whilst I was trawling through the forum calendar, no small task, that I voluntarily undertook, I added several major shows for 2014, those will hopefully get into Pitstop's next issue as they were forwarded to the Editor.

I now have taken the time to look at the various club meets as published in both Pitstop and on the forum calendar. There were several anomalies and I am left wondering which source is correct.

Since its creation two years ago it has barely been maintained. Currently;

The Exeter meet on the 2nd Sunday in Pitstop does not appear on the forum calendar

The Ipswich meet on the 4th Thursday in Pitstop does not appear on the forum calendar

The Kent meet on the last Friday in Pitstop does not appear on the forum calendar (edit has been added for January 2014 only)

The SHEB meet in Pitstop does not appear on the forum calendar, the last forum reference of a meet is two years ago.

The Gloucester meet on 1st Tuesday is listed on the forum calendar but is listed with no regular meetings in Pitstop

The Stroud meet on the last Wednesday is listed on the forum calendar but gets no mention in Pitstop

The Wessex Kit Car meet on the 1st Sunday is listed on the forum calendar but gets no mention in Pitstop

In fact, only three, of the meets, Peak District, SEMS and Wigan, have similar information in both Pitstop and the forum calendar, are these the only ones that continue regularly?
          It is pleasing to see that some irregular social events are added to the calendar as and when. How many people are aware of the "Scottish Weekend, Cardross" in late May?

Surely it is preferable that both event calenders are maintained with accurate, concurrent details, especially as the concept of a 'Social Database'is being debated, bringing local meets to the fore.

Personally, I believe that both resources should be fully maintained by the individuals organising each event. It's not a job to be passed on to a third party.

The questions are; Is the Forum Calendar considered a valuable resource? Who has the time, incentive and relevant authority to monitor and maintain its accuracy? Should the forum calendar be abandoned completely (as it appears to be) and deleted, as it currently contains a larger proportion of inaccurate information?

Last edited by stevejgreen; 20-01-14, 07:57 AM.
          MOC member since 05/97

Comment

Re: Future Social Meets

Please note that at the top of the Local Meetings page in Pitstop there is a line as follows:- 'Attention local organisers - please keep the Editor advised of any changes'. Going forward I will endeavour to ensure that the Future Events page in Pitstop is aligned with the forum calendar.

Editor

Comment

As Grum points out and I entirely agree, it's up to organisers to ensure that the forum calendar and Pitstop are kept up to date.
              All of the meet calendar entries were generated two years ago by Admin. As a result they can only be edited by Admin and not by the organisers. The first logical step seems to be to delete them all, and then encourage the organise to resubmit with current information.
              MOC member since 05/97

Comment

I have recently added a few more events to the forum calendar for 2014 including the Exeter and Lands End trials and Kop Hill hill climb.

I have had no response to multiple emails to the organisers of Newark for 2014 http://www.kitcarshow.co.uk/ and despite assurances that it is 'on' can find no information, six months before its usual date, that it will actually happen.

Sadly I can only conclude that at this time, it's an event that is no longer financially viable. i would like to be proved wrong.
                MOC member since 05/97

Comment

Hi,just noticed a new classic rally on ebay 181280199266. in April 25-28. Wales-Ireland-Wales.

Comment

Regarding Newark Show.
                    Despite assurances, above, that Newark 2014 was on, 2013 was the last one.

Superb manufacturers stands in the main hall and hundreds of Kit Cars in the club displays outside. The premier meeting place for Kit Car enthusiasts!

According to their website, there will be no more.
                    Last edited by stevejgreen; 09-01-14, 09:35 AM.
                    MOC member since 05/97

Comment

Working...
                    X