YKC Romero Roadster (Marlin)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: YKC Romero Roadster (Marlin)

if the winning bidder pays £2k plus £1k for the IVA then they have a real bargain. I guess it depends on the abilities and confidence of the winning bidder. Fair dos to the action house for presenting this and engaging with the debate. The sum of the parts may well be much more than £2k. This is an unusual one I admit as the chances of getting through an IVA are very high, unlike older roadsters and esp berlis.

Comment

Hi All, just a reminder that this car will be going under the hammer in our Sheffield Auction on FRIDAY 21st MARCH.

Lot No. 407 - http://www.sheffieldauctiongallery.c...4/lot0407.html

If you can't be at the auction in person, you can register and bid on-line in real time via http://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb - if you don't wish to bid but want to watch/hear the auction you can do on this website without registering.

I can confirm the car starts up and runs. I trailered it into our auction saleroom yesterday from where we have been dry storing it.

Any questions - please don't hesitate to ask.

Many thanks and best of luck to anyone thinking of bidding. This will make a great project for someone to finish off.

Ben Johnson @ Sheffield Auction Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Sheffield_Auction_Gallery View Post
        Hi All, just a reminder that this car will be going under the hammer in our Sheffield Auction on FRIDAY 21st MARCH.
        And anyone tempted, don't forget to think about why it never got registered, or if it was going to be simple why the present owner didn't do it? A bit like a car with 2 months MOT on it, for a nominal fee why wouldn't they massively increase the value of their car? So, bid accordingly, I reckon half the value of a registered car.
        Last edited by cameronfurnival; 14-03-14, 10:37 AM.

Comment

With due respect, we have a duty to the owner to sell the car for as much as we can get for it. The car never got registered due to the gentleman who originally bought it and started the project passing away. As I mentioned his widow commissioned a garage to finish the car off, as per her husband's wishes and kept it garaged at her home ever since. She has now come to terms with it and now wants to see it go to a new enthusiast.

We aren't expecting the car to make what a UK road legal one would, hence why the estimate what we believe to be realistic.

Best wishes

Comment

Originally posted by cdow View Post
            And anyone tempted, don't forget to think about why it never got registered, or if it was going to be simple why the present owner didn't do it? A bit like a car with 2 months MOT on it, for a nominal fee why wouldn't they massively increase the value of their car? So, bid accordingly, I reckon half the value of a registered car.

(Just thought it appropriate to balance the blatant spamming of this forum for selling/personal gain)
            Not sure what cdow means it this comment about personal gain and blatant. Spamming of the forum, I agree with the auction house this is a great deal for someone who is prepared to do a little work
            Last edited by CosworthCabrioLee; 14-03-14, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Trying to track on saleroom site but Sheffield doesn't come up as an option.
              Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Hi -here you go...

Kind regards

Comment

Your link to saleroom in post 17 links to the live sales running at the moment but yours is not listed. The link in post 22 only displays your next sale and when you sign up the responding email asks for confirmation of email and when you do it just refers you back to the email link and round and round you go. Not to worry I was just interested in the selling price of the Romero Marlin Lot 407
                  Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

The Saleroom website displays the current and next auctions in chronological order. Ours will be making its way to the top of the list in due course. You can probably appreciate the number of Auction Houses using this website throughout the UK and the number of auctions every day, it would be impossible for them to list them all. You can however see the full list of future auctions here just for reference - http://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/au.../live-auctions

You don't need to register or sign up just to watch an auction - just select any auction and click the "Watch Live" button. Some Auction Houses use a webcam so you can see the auctioneer in action. Some just have a sound feed. We have both.

You will alternatively be able to see the price realised for the car on our website catalogue in due course - http://www.sheffieldauctiongallery.c...314/index.html

Best wishes
                    Ben

Comment

MOC member since 05/97
                      1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
                      1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
                      Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
                      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Hi All,

After a few telephone conversations with the owner of the vehicle, she has managed to source and bring me a comprehensive file of additional paperwork today. This comprises the details of the Donor vehicle, what I believe to be the SVA for the vehicle (dated 28/01/2006) and associated receipts for this plus emission pas results plus the DVLA's Built up Vehicle Inspection Report.

I thought I'd let you know about this, as I guess it may make the car appeal to a potential new owner.

Thanks for taking time to read this.

Any questions - please don't hesitate to ask.

Best wishes
                        Ben Johnson
                        Sheffield Auction Gallery
                        0114 281 6161

Comment

This is good news Ben, I would scan the SVA pass cert and attach it to your advertising.

Comment

Working...
                          X