Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Roadster hood/roof

Hi all

I know lee is no longer a member but his partner made my tonneau for my LWB Roadster. He has said that he is still willing to help members, why don't you ask him and see what he says.

Comment

Hi Luke

I have 2 swb marlins and I am only at Newquay , if you want to borrow one of the roofs for a template you are welcome
      it's worth trying Derek smith at illogan as I know he makes roofs, but he is very busy

regards

mark

Comment

Thank you all for your posts and input, you have all been very helpful. I will try and get hold of Derek and go from there, so I could be pestering one of you for a template soon lol cheers

Comment

Hi

No worries.

Adrian

Comment

Try this firm in the west country............http://www.rssewingsolutions.com/rsauto.html
            Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

I know that this thread is old but I just thought I would add to it. I am also looking to replace my hood as mine is starting to look its age! I have found a guy in Warrington who is going to make me a new hood for £250. Watch this space!!

Comment

Hi Chris

What material is he planning to use for your hood?
                If its Mohair, that is a very good price.

I was planning to use a local guy near me who will charge around £450 for Mohair, but that is including having to make the first template.
                A Roadster is likely to more expensive than a Cabrio as you will require side screens as well.

So, your £250 looks very good indeed.

Do post some pics when you have it fitted.

Mike

Comment

Roadster hoods.
                  Can anyone advise me of a decent hood maker in the Kent, East Sussex or South east generally, that makes hoods for a fair price in this area. Although I have the framework and side screens I don't have the old hood for a patern.

Comment

Hi Mike,
                    I have gone for Mohair as it keeps it's colour for longer. The guy is also going to make a storage bag for the new hood so the price as you say is very good. I intend to keep the old hood for patterns so the templates will be available to the MOC or to anyone else who is looking at replacing their Roadster hood (SWB).

Comment

Originally posted by christopher.bogue2011 View Post
                      Hi Mike,
                      I have gone for Mohair as it keeps it's colour for longer. The guy is also going to make a storage bag for the new hood so the price as you say is very good. I intend to keep the old hood for patterns so the templates will be available to the MOC or to anyone else who is looking at replacing their Roadster hood (SWB).

Is the £250 for hood and the side-screens? If so please can you share your contact?

Comment

Hi Chris

Have sent a PM regarding your hood?

Mike

Comment

Hi Mike,
                          Have you had this done yet, it'd be nice to see the finished item? If it is £250 then it's a bargain - I think I contacted every trimmer I could find (about twenty), and the prices ranged from £500 to £1200, with most somewhere in between. I did start to think it might cheaper to but a complete car with a hood and throw the car away!

Comment

O.K Guys,
                            Sorry for the delay in any update on my new hood. Went to pick it up last week but sadly I was not impressed. The guy made the new hood from scratch without taking my advice which was to use the old hood as a pattern. Clearly his forte is not in making car hoods! The main problem lies in the cant rail. With the old hood which I fitted myself 28 years ago I never once had the hood blow off from the front screen. Not so with the new hood. I don't know what he has done but it is not right. I have booked it in again for tomorrow in the hope that something can be done. But rest assured if I am not satisfied I will be asking for my money back. As for the Tonneau cover which he also made for me. Well, that simply dosn't fit. There is no excuse for that as it is one piece and he also had the old one to make a template from!
                            The sign above his garage does say "Custom Upholstery and Auto Trimming".
                            I will keep you posted but I will not be recommending him!

Comment

O.K Guys,
                              Sorry for the delay in any update on my new hood. Went to pick it up last week but sadly I was not impressed.
                              Sorry to hear that - I hope you get it sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by cdow View Post
                                Sorry to hear that - I hope you get it sorted.
                                Hi Chris

I think Chris's comment says it for all of us................. let us know how you get on.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X