A Series V B Series chassis mounts for engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Series V B Series chassis mounts for engine

From what I read in the build instructions there are two sets of engine mounts welded to the marina chassis - B at front and A further back.
    Anyone tell me ROUGHLY the distance between them ?
    The reason is I intend replacing the B Series lump in the Roadster I'm having (Saturday )with the 1275 out of my Sprite. The Sprite doesn't have mounts on the block like the Marina version so I'm hoping the mounts on the front plate will be adaptable to the B mounts. Obviously some fabricating will be needed. I'm also going to be using the matching Sprite gearbox (extending the remote if necessary)
    Anyone else already fitted a Spridget engine & gearbox who wants to give their experience ?

Thanks.

Paul H

Re: A Series V B Series chassis mounts for engine

Hi Paul I won't be at home until tomorrow but if no one else gives you the information I will measure them in the evening and get back to you. I can't help you with regards the sprite engine but I am sure someone on the forum knows something about it.

Comment

Re: A Series V B Series chassis mounts for engine

Originally posted by listerjp2 View Post
      Hi Paul I won't be at home until tomorrow but if no one else gives you the information I will measure them in the evening and get back to you. I can't help you with regards the sprite engine but I am sure someone on the forum knows something about it.
      Thanks.

Doesn't have to be exact. I'm hoping the B are approx 3-4" infront of the A so they line up with the Spridget front plate.

Paul H

Comment

Working...
      X