Interior width measurement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior width measurement

I've got a Berlinetta brochure (Picked up from a kit car show probably 20 years ago !) and have been looking at the interior dimensions.
    It states from door to door is 1015mm with tunnel width of 165 making each of the passenger and drivers compartments 425mm.
    Measuring my Roadster the width of the drivers compartment is 400mm so is only 25mm / 1" narrower than a Berlinetta. That doesn't seem right as I thought it was a far bigger vehicle.

So does the Berlinetta really just have an extra 1" width for drivers (and passenger side) seat / hips ?

Thanks.

Paul h

Re: Interior width measurement

Hi Paul. I'll measure mine in a minute when I can negotiate the "tropical storm" here in Cornwall. The Berlinetta is tight for width inside. It is a big car but has very big, wide, running boards which eat up a lot of the width. One or two peeps have re-manufactured the doors to either have a bulge or a vintage style cutout. I'm 5'10½" and 40" chest with long arms and legs. I am fairly wedged in the driving position. Any way, I'll don sou'wester and measure it up.
    Cheers. Dane
    Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Paul
      Just measured mine, 420mm from door pad to tunnel carpet at front of seat.
      It is tight, I've had lots of head scratching moments fitting in door pads, handles door cappings and seats.
      It's snug but you do get acclimatised.

happy motoring
      Dave

Comment

Thanks Dave.

Looks like the brochure measurement is spot on. I expected the Berlinetta to be bigger than the Roadster but the difference isn't worth arguing about

Paul H

Comment

Paul
          i measured the LWB chassis I have and it is 430 mm wide except for the last 150 mm at the rear bulkhead where it tapers to accomodate the diff nose.
          The width between door frame inside measurement is 1000mm. at the catch position.
          The distance from front bulkhead to rear bulkhead is 1400 mm.
          Not sure if this will help.
          Dave

Comment

Hi Paul, I concur with the others. My Berli is 430mm from door trim to transmission tunnel carpet on both the driver's and pax sides. The distance door to door at dash height is 1015mm. As you can see, it is a big car but very cosy inside!
            Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Hi Paul,
              The door to door width is key.
              I was told that the early Berlinetta had a wide transmission tunnel like mine but later ones had a narrower transmission tunnel.
              This is important when considering replacement seats. The former are rarely standard being narrow, the latter wider seats are easier (and cheaper) to source.
              Having a long cockpit is great for all heights (leg length), the width as others have said is cosy and holds you in place well when cornering!
              Enjoy
              Andrew

Comment

Working...
              X