Marina Roadster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Marina Roadster

When I worked in the main British Leyland dealers here in North Wales we used to get 2 1/2 hours to do an engine tune on Mini - 1100/1300 - MG Midget/MGB - always tappets first - then dizzy - plugs - carbs - then onto the Crypton machine - Dwell angle - Ignition timing - mixture then road test...

Comment

Civic radiator in place. It fits well and I managed to get a bigger kenlowe fan on it too. Silicone hoses were expensive and largely wasted as I had to cut them quite short to get the turns in. A remote header tank seems to work fine too.
      The facet Cube pump wouldn't fit under the car but I managed to squeeze it in by the battery in the boot.

radCivic.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by cameronfurnival View Post
        Civic radiator in place. It fits well and I managed to get a bigger kenlowe fan on it too. Silicone hoses were expensive and largely wasted as I had to cut them quite short to get the turns in. A remote header tank seems to work fine too.
        The facet Cube pump wouldn't fit under the car but I managed to squeeze it in by the battery in the boot.

[ATTACH]6193[/ATTACH]
        That's quite an air gap around the radiator, do you plan to block it?
        My guess is that your Kenlowe fan will run almost constantly, not that you will necessarily notice, rather than supplementing natural airflow through the rad when the car is in motion under load. Only road testing will demonstrate the effectiveness of the install.
        MOC member since 05/97
        1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
        1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
        Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

there are two gaps at the side of the rad - about 4" high and 2" wide - easy enough to panel in later. The top has almost no clearance and a bit of foam pipe lagging can be stuffed in - much less of a gap than with the viva rad.
          I ran her yesterday on my driveway and the needle was noticably cooler than previoulsy - it used to be at 3/4 scale now its just on the N - but as you say some driving around will have to be done to see what happens. This afternoon I intend to finish fitting the nose and bonnet, adjust a front wheel bearing and then maybe tomorrow take her to get some fuel.

Comment

Done a few miles in the old gal and I can report that the temp needle sits exactly in the middle of the gauge! By moving the header tank to the bulkhead it will make topping up easier if needed but there seems to be plenty of room for expansion and contraction. A mod well worth carrying out, though having the existing rad re-cored is probably simpler in the long run. All the mods made seem to have worked well adn she gets along the road beautifully, 60mph this morning with no trouble whatsoever with lots more in reserve.
            I have dropped it off at the MOT station this morning so lets hope it all goes well there.

Comment

Good luck
              Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

MOT Passed no problems How cool is that?
                If anyone would like to buy a nice little roadster please get in touch
                Last edited by cameronfurnival; 15-04-15, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Some remaining work to be carried out before mine pass its French MOT

Congrats Cameron

Originally posted by cameronfurnival View Post
                  MOT Passed no problems How cool is that?
                  If anyone would like to buy a nice little roadster please get in touch

Comment

Well done my son...if anyone comes looking for/at YTB I shall mention yours also

Rgds DC

Comment

Cheers DC - my back isnt what it was and so Im looking for a berli next

Comment

Working...
                      X