Marlin Roadster Sidescreens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlin Roadster Sidescreens

Hi, I have been trying to find some side screens for my Marlin Roadster. They are tricky to fit on my car as the side windows for the soft top fit on the front of the windscreen and the back edge of the windscreen frame is not straight but angled as I am sure you all know.
    I found a guy on e=bay selling a range for Cobra,Morgan.MG etc but despite 5 emails to him he could not be bothered to reply.
    So any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Re: Marlin Roadster Sidescreens

Hi John
    I have Morgan side screens fitted on my Roadster, drilled and tapped the screen surround to fit them . They have been on the car for the last 6 years without problems.
    Check out Melvyn Rutter Morgan dealer for the kit.

Comment

For clarification, do you mean the complete side screen that normally zips to the soft roof and then clips to the door and screen frame on 'lift the dot' fasteners, or
      Wind deflectors that are normally transparent 5/6mm Perspex hinged from the windscreen frame.

If its the former, you really need to track down a car trimmer and have some custom made remembering that you might have to leave an elbow flap on the drivers side, or
      If deflectors, the Morgan version at https://mogparts.net/index.php/acces...eflectors.html will be a good starting point, as suggested above.

Comment

Originally posted by john B View Post
        Hi, I have been trying to find some side screens for my Marlin Roadster. They are tricky to fit on my car as the side windows for the soft top fit on the front of the windscreen and the back edge of the windscreen frame is not straight but angled as I am sure you all know.
        I found a guy on e=bay selling a range for Cobra,Morgan.MG etc but despite 5 emails to him he could not be bothered to reply.
        So any help or advice would be much appreciated.
        I have a pair of front side wind deflectors for sale. See my other items for sale in classifieds - Roadster parts for sale.

Comment

Hi, I'm probably being very dumb but how do you find the Classifieds now ?

Comment

Cameron has been doing some pruning of the little or badly used areas of the website.

The Classified section is now a standard Forum section in the Members only? Area.

It can be found here

Comment

Hi,
              i am very interested in your wind deflectors,but I can't find your ad could you possibly forward it to my e-mail [email protected]. Many thanks john

Comment

Hi sorry to be confusing. i mean wind deflectors sorry

Comment

Many thanks for that Steve, however it didn't take me too far as the message that I got was that I wasn't qualified in some way to access Classifieds ?

I don't know if anyone can explain.

Comment

Originally posted by velovol View Post
                    Many thanks for that Steve, however it didn't take me too far as the message that I got was that I wasn't qualified in some way to access Classifieds ?

I don't know if anyone can explain.
                    For some reasons Classifieds are in a Members Only Section. So either you are not a member, or the link between the Memsec and the forum admin is weak.
                    If you are a member then a quick pm to cameronfurnival should sort it out, if not, you either have to join the MOC, or hope that the Classifieds section gets opened up to all.

Comment

Thanks Steve, I'm a member alright so slightly miffed about not having access to Classifieds.

Comment

Apologies Brian, I have corrected the error. The problem we are having is with two databases; one for the membership and another for the forum. We did a huge amount of work earlier in the year trying to reconcile the two and reckon we are pretty much up to date and they correlate. Of course, whilst the systems are so manually intensive there is inevitably going to be an error or two. This thread is about Roadster sidescreens so I shan't go on about software solutions here.

Comment

Cameron, Many thanks for your trouble, It'll be nice to be able to access Classifieds again.
                          I'd assumed that there was one database of course.

Comment

Working...
                          X