X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.8 TC Engine & gearbox

On the bay, item 141210522022

$_58.JPG
    Last edited by cameronfurnival; 06-03-14, 08:11 PM.
    Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
    Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Re: 1.8 TC Engine & gearbox

"Clutch lost all drive"? It could be as simple as a very worn clutch plate or that the gearbox is 'toast' though it was apparently fine before all drive was lost.
    A good buy if you are in the Evesham area and have transport available.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

I had loss of drive on my old SIIA Land Rover. On removing the gearbox I found the clutch plate centre splined section had come loose. Shame as the plate was perfect - I suppose the power of the 2.25 diesel was just too much
      My current Peugeot Expert has been off the road nearly 2 years due to a clutch problem. Symptoms were like cable snapping but it's hydraulic operation. Took me two week (due to my illness only allowing me short period of being capable of working and stubborn / difficult fasteners) to just remove the front panels for access. Then another small stroke stopped the work and haven't had the will power to start again. Cost of parts alone will be £650 as the dual mass flywheel will probably need changing at the same time. Garage time quote is 8 hours so you can work out labour costs if done professionally ! What am I rambling on about you might ask ? Well at least with an A or B Series, or Pinto, engine & gearbox you can work on them yourself, it's not a difficult job and know cost of parts will be reasonable.
      Another good reason to own a Marlin then ?

Paul H
      Last edited by CompoSimmonite; 06-03-14, 09:19 AM.

Comment

A man of style! he changed it for a proper engine.
        Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Well Ben, if you fancy an updated Triumph 6 try this from eBay...251464208399
          A much underrated unit IMHO...power not far short of the V8 and very smooth.
          OK, it still has a 5-bearing crank but some scope for additional power through port-matching and perhaps after-market efi. Allegedly BL detuned it so as not to detract from the SD1 V8.
          As for "proper" engines...as someone used to say, Triumph engineering accomplished very simple things in very complicated ways.
          Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
          Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Pity the Rover SD1 2.6 six is so rare as it had to be detuned because more powerful than the V8 ! BTW just like Stag / Dolomite cooling problems the SD1 six oil feed problem to head is cureable.

Paul H
            Last edited by CompoSimmonite; 07-03-14, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X