New to the club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New to the club

Hi, and welcome. From the information you have given, and a close look at the front suspension on the photo. You have a Marina based roadster. It would seem that the build may have been completed by YKC who were build agents for Marlin untill they bought the Roadster and Berlinetta from Marlin. This happened in the 1990s I think. Ykc then developed the roadster further. The front bumper( I assume you have matching quarter bumpers on the rear) are YKC design, as are the side mirrors. Ykc owned all right to the roadster before 2001 so I assume if they were given the job to finish an early roadster they would put their (stamp on it so to speak )and so be completed and reg as a YKC. The VIN no would be to comply with the SVA at the time as it was found that the early (Marlin) chassis number did not have enough digits and was not always acceptable. If you have not got a build manual and you want one then you should get Marina based Roadster build manual. I hope this helps a little. There is a wealth of knowledge in the club so dont ever feel that you are on your own. Email, telephone, forum, whatever, there are lots of us happy to talk Marlins, and help in any way we can.
    Danny Nelson.

Comment

Working...
    X