Lost thread Bobs Hot air Balloon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost thread Bobs Hot air Balloon

I have lost the thread, come on it was a joke or was it a load of hot air?
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Re: Lost thread Bobs Hot air Balloon

Unfortunately the thread caused offence to one of our members and his wife so to avoid any further upset it was removed in line with our internet policy.

Comment

It was meant as a joke no offence intended.
      Last edited by b_caswell; 12-03-14, 10:36 AM.

Comment

I thought it was funny!

Comment

Well done Liz,nice to hear a ladys opinion. I thought it was funny as well. Seems clear to me it was meant as a joke with no offence intended.

Comment

Originally posted by cameronfurnival View Post
            Unfortunately the thread caused offence to one of our members and his wife so to avoid any further upset it was removed in line with our internet policy.
            Sorry to cause any upset it was meant as fun to lighten the mood. That is one of the reasons why I have left the club due to people lacking humour !!!!!!

What an arse ! ooops sorry

Comment

[QUOTE=CABRIOBOB;28109]Sorry to cause any upset it was meant as fun to lighten the mood. That is one of the reasons why I have left the club due to people lacking humour !!!!!! Ben said" I thought it was because you had become an old f**t oops said it again".
              Last edited by b_caswell; 12-03-14, 08:31 PM.

Comment

In the basket was a better view looking up at the............................................... .................................sky.

Comment

This is really interesting and exactly what is wrong with the club, as a non member but ex chairman of the club, my humble opinion is the marlin owners club is only a kit car club with a great product with 500 plus members but still a kit car club dealing with cars that are no longer built and donors out of production over 20 years and it needs to get over its self and get into reality. There are some great people in the club but there people who need to understand that the club is dying and when people try to inject some humar it is extinguished and for that reason people are not renewing their membership and moving on as I have and several other have also.
                  My advice to all the old fudyduddys is go onto most car forums and read and understand the banter and humar that exists on them and see what you are missing.

Comment

Lee

Spot on, there has been more activity in the last 24 hours on this one thread than there has been in the past few months. Real life is tough enough and it is nice to have forum with like minded people and just have a bit of a laugh.

Where is the harm ?

Comment

Lee

Spot on, there has been more activity in the last 24 hours on this one thread than there has been in the past few months. Real life is tough enough and it is nice to have forum with like minded people and just have a bit of a laugh.

Where is the harm ?

Without upsetting anyone does anyone want to see the balloon again ?

Comment

i get the feeling that at the tender age of 36 I'm one of the younger members then .....

So one of the forumites got offended. well thats fine, we all have the right to be offended (and for our wives to be offended as well). But, that in no way allows that person to dictate content. That way lies madness.
                        Salman Rushtie put it better than most

“Nobody has the right to not be offended. That right doesn't exist in any declaration I have ever read.
                        If you are offended it is your problem, and frankly lots of things offend lots of people.
                        I can walk into a bookshop and point out a number of books that I find very unattractive in what they say. But it doesn't occur to me to burn the bookshop down. If you don't like a book, read another book. If you start reading a book and you decide you don't like it, nobody is telling you to finish it.
                        To read a 600-page novel and then say that it has deeply offended you: well, you have done a lot of work to be offended.”

So if you are offended by something close the browser or go to another thread but dont dictate to others what they can and cant look at. its a choice you always have and can not be taken away from you. And for Gods sake never go to 4chan, it'll give you a heart attack.

And by the way, what exactly is offensive about a balloon in the shape of a bum?

Comment

Not sure if it was the picture or if it was my comment that caused the offence! But at the end of the day!!! .................................................. ................Etiquette:
                          Please keep your postings polite and on topic, remember we don't all have the same sense of humour and forums are notoriously bad at conveying emotion.

Try your best to place posts in the most appropriate place and avoid cross-posting wherever possible.

If you have a problem then let us know – send a private message (PM) to the forum moderator please. If you think there is a problem and you don't tell us about it then we can't deal with it!

We want everyone to have their say without fear of censorship but if we think it might cause offense we will tell you, and may remove the post so that you can rephrase your point of view unambiguously.

We reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any message or thread, or to warn, restrict access, or ban any user who we feel is posting defamatory statements or acting in such a way as to cause offence or personal anxiety to any other member
                          Last edited by b_caswell; 13-03-14, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rooha View Post
                            i get the feeling that at the tender age of 36 I'm one of the younger members then .....

So one of the forumites got offended. well thats fine, we all have the right to be offended (and for our wives to be offended as well). But, that in no way allows that person to dictate content. That way lies madness.
                            Salman Rushtie put it better than most

“Nobody has the right to not be offended. That right doesn't exist in any declaration I have ever read.
                            If you are offended it is your problem, and frankly lots of things offend lots of people.
                            I can walk into a bookshop and point out a number of books that I find very unattractive in what they say. But it doesn't occur to me to burn the bookshop down. If you don't like a book, read another book. If you start reading a book and you decide you don't like it, nobody is telling you to finish it.
                            To read a 600-page novel and then say that it has deeply offended you: well, you have done a lot of work to be offended.”

So if you are offended by something close the browser or go to another thread but dont dictate to others what they can and cant look at. its a choice you always have and can not be taken away from you. And for Gods sake never go to 4chan, it'll give you a heart attack.

And by the way, what exactly is offensive about a balloon in the shape of a bum?
                            Nice post

Comment

Working...
                            X