Alfa 1750 alfetta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alfa 1750 alfetta

If you fit a non return valve between the inlet manifold and the servo to stop the ingress of air, it will stop the servo working.
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Just found this on Alfa parts site while searching for (many, many, many) engine parts

http://www.classicalfa.com/products/...URN-VALVE.html

Must have look on my manifold.
      Stumbling around in the dark
      Marina based SWB roadster
      Alfa Romeo 1750 with 5 speed box

Comment

The Alpha one looks a bit pricey, you can get cheaper Ford or rover and you may have to modify to fit, but what's unusual about that on a kit car.

Comment

didnt minis have a non return valve in the inlet manifold?

Comment

I think you will find that nearly all modern cars have a valve in the servo hose. Incidentally when you have the engine running clamp the servo hose and see if it alters the running of the engine, if it changes at all then start to investigate the master cylinder/servo joint or just the servo unit itself.
            I have a Ford valve in my servo hose, had to remove it from the plastic line to fit it in my rubber servo line, vacuum type of course.
            Some valves are in line and others are where they fit into the servo unit, if you can disconnect the hose from the manifold and suck air through the hose then you have a leak in the servo/master cylinder, If on the other hand you suck the hose and expire from lack of breathing, you don't have a problem servo wise, but her indoors may show concern.

Comment

Originally posted by cameronfurnival View Post
              didnt minis have a non return valve in the inlet manifold?
              Marinas, Dolomite Sprints, some other TR's all have non returns fitted to the servo.
              here or there
              MOC member since 05/97
              1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
              1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
              Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
              The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Well I stand corrected but havnt got a clue how it works if the engine is sucking on the servo which way is the non return working.
                Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Ben, the valve prevents air being drawn back into the servo...which relies on a vacuum (created by the manifold depression) to provide the assistance.
                  Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
                  Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Marlin View Post
                    Just found this on Alfa parts site while searching for (many, many, many) engine parts

Buy any part for your Alfa Romeo classic car online. We are the largest supplier for classic Alfa Romeo car parts in the UK. We ship worldwide every day.

Must have look on my manifold.
                    Deffo no non return valve like this on my manifold, must sook my servo when I get the car back in the garage. Great pointers, thanks :O)
                    Stumbling around in the dark
                    Marina based SWB roadster
                    Alfa Romeo 1750 with 5 speed box

Comment

Working...
                    X