Triumph-based Roadster with identity crisis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triumph-based Roadster with identity crisis

Log book & MOT not in sync so DVLA "interested".

Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
    Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Re: Triumph-based Roadster with identity crisis

It's a very early historic Marlin, was owned by Charles Lancaster, a founder of the Club.

Comment

the car is registered as Triumph Vitesse convertible but it seems that the mot found a marlin chassisnumber visible

so i guess that the v5c shows a triumpoh VIN whereas the chassis or a plate shows a marlin VIN

as it can be proved by the club (i guess) that the car was running already as a marlin before SVA and the DVLA´s amnesty period for kitcar registrations the DVLA might update the V5c with the correct details, without the necessity doing an IVA test.

if the car is in sound condition the new pourchaser need to do some paperwork, usual jobs to bring it on MOT standard and will soon have a driveable, road-legal car.

Comment

What we need now is the new owner who was prepared to pay £800 for it, to contact the club.. As Triumph tech rep I may be able to help them build a case on its history that goes back to 1980.
        Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

This is still for sale! It appears the sale fell through (buyer never turned up!). If anyone is interested I can forward the email address of the owner.

Comment

Working...
          X