Is this a Marlin tunnel ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a Marlin tunnel ?

On eBay there is a Roadster with a tunnel that seems a lot smaller than I have in my car so wonder if it was an original Marlin item or has somebody adapted one out of another vehicle ?

Paul H

Re: Is this a Marlin tunnel ?

Looks very much like a triumph herald tunnel to me.

Comment

hmm could be, maybe one of the grp ones modded a bit? That gearbox mount looks a bit like the early Spridget one

Comment

The top of the tunnel is definitely a Spridget item - I've got a chrome one on my car that is going to be used on the Roadster when I do the engine transplant. The A40 also had the same item.
        Not sure the bulk is Spridget however. On my current Sprite and previous Midget the handbrake was on the nearside.

Paul H
        Last edited by CompoSimmonite; 02-04-14, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Someone has made their own gearbox cover and tunnel probably to gain a bit more width in the seats. Not sure how they have mounted the handbrake or to what as it would normally be bolted to the side of the alloy tunnel.
          Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Tunnel on a Triumph car is a lot easier to mod than a Marina as the rear differential is bolted in position and does not move about half as much as a Marina.
            MOC member since 05/97
            1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
            1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
            Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
            The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Working...
            X