Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance

Has anybody tried to get insurance for 6 months, thro summer months?
    My plan is to tax for 6 months say April to September then SORN thro the winter.
    I'm in the process of trying the usual companies that are in Pit Stop

Berlinetta just passed MOT after 10 years.

Re: Insurance

Good luck, Dave.
    I tried but to no avail.
    The only way possibly is to find an insurance company that will allow you to pay monthly, at a premium of course; then cancel after the required number of months. But insurance companies aren't too happy to do this!!!
    Brian

Learning more about:
    June '73 Marina based Mk2 Roadster
    1800 TC; 4 speed gearbox; 4.55:1 differential with 4.5pcd (the rare one!)

Another interest -www.somersetschoolsathletics.org.uk
    And another - 'Tractor Doctors' skittle team

Comment

Hi David
      I had the same thoughts tried it on with insurers when they sent renewal this month, no go though.
      Bartered with them and got the yearly cost down to £118.00 for the year. You must be very close to me with you being in Crewe
      Regards
      Dave.

Comment

Update. Spent some time on line, nobody appears to offer summer only cover, you have to cover for 12 months. I've found cover for £104 at Adrian Flux, limiting mileage to 3000 (probably to high).
        A bit disappointing, I thought, wrongly that the adverts said they tailor the cover to your needs. I have breakdown cover and courtesy car for free? Still the cost is around what I expected to pay.

Comment

Hi
          You did well. I paid extra for my breakdown cover!
          Watch out for an increased 'policy issue fee' in subsequent years!!!
          Brian

Learning more about:
          June '73 Marina based Mk2 Roadster
          1800 TC; 4 speed gearbox; 4.55:1 differential with 4.5pcd (the rare one!)

Another interest -www.somersetschoolsathletics.org.uk
          And another - 'Tractor Doctors' skittle team

Comment

Just insured Ruby (1275 Roadster)with Adrian Flux, £140 including U.K.and European breakdown cover. Chris.

Comment

Hi
              I am having an issue about paying a "policy issue fee". I hope to get somewhere as I currently insure three vehicles with the same company.
              Regards
              Dave

Comment

Hi Dave, its one of the drawbacks of insuring through a "Broker", and a policy issue fee is normal practice. Only way round it is to go direct to an insurance company.When I worked a s an assessor it was amazing how many people thought that "brokers" were insurance companies. Cheees Chris

Comment

Hi Chris
                  Indeed it is a broker, to be fair the quotes are very competitive even with the policy issue fee I was seeing how far I could push them. They have come back justifying the policy renewal fee but not giving way on it.
                  Thanks
                  Dave

Comment

Just paid £97 for 1500 miles on 'Tolkien'
                    All I need now is to get some correct springs and an MOT.

Comment

Recently paid £104 for 2 ltr Zetec powered Cabrio 5000 mls
                      With 2gether insurance
                      Actually went down slightly from last year! (don't hear that one too often!!)
                      Regards
                      Bryan
                      Stapley Bryan

Comment

I insured my car whilst I was building it - I guess the main thing on my mind was fire but now there is still the issue of theft or accidental damage. Two years ago locally, a driver lost control of her car and ended up inside the lounge of a house. It could equally have been a garage. Anyone got a large tree within falling distance of your beloved car. Perhaps a better way to do it is to take out a multi-car and what you save on your main car can be offset against insuring your Marlin for a year

Comment

Originally posted by david.hunt1952 View Post
                          Has anybody tried to get insurance for 6 months, thro summer months?
                          My plan is to tax for 6 months say April to September then SORN thro the winter.
                          I'm in the process of trying the usual companies that are in Pit Stop
                          Not sure why you'd want to be without insurance for six months? Even if it's SORN it can still be stolen or catch fire - for the sake of saving fifty quid it's not worth the risk.

Comment

Working...
                          X