Stoneleigh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stoneleigh

If you want to camp on the Marlin Owners Club stand at Stoneleigh come in via the main entrance and pay camping fee. There are toilets adjacent to our stand and a large marquee for evening use. Do come with plenty of warm bedding as its usually very cold.
    Quite a few of us will be arriving Sat afternoon and staying till Monday 4pm.

Re: Stoneleigh

I'll be there Liz, not sure about Dad this year though. Planning on doing the whole weekend, is Monday night not an option? Would be an easier drive without the holiday traffic...

Comment

See you there Sunday earlyish am. For a change I've booked a b & b so will be there Monday as well.

Comment

I think you can stay Mon night but you may be on your own. I think Dane may have stayed over one year to miss the traffic.
        See you there.
        regards
        Liz

Comment

Have just recived Pitstop, and see that there is no category for best modified this year? is the shield still in club?

Comment

You can camp till mid day Tuesday but its bloody spooky when almost everyone has gone home.http://www.nationalkitcarshow.co.uk/...rtainment.html
            Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Thanks for confirming, good to have the option.

Comment

I'm going. Haven't been to Stoneleigh for years but always enjoyed the visits and now I've got a Roadster (not on the road) it is tempting me even more
                Unfortunately due to needing to be plugged into a machine at night (CPAP for Sleep Apnoea) I can't camp overnight so will be just a day visitor.
                Which will be the best day to attend ?

Paul h

Comment

That's good to know, we have this both booked the week off, taking the tent this time and touring the area after the show, so yeah, Monday night spent there is good for us too. Will be nice to see you all again. Liz, usual kit car entrance not an option for Sat arrival then, as Sat this time is good, previously we did Sun/Monday.

Comment

Paul Usually there have been more cars on all the stands on the Sunday. However this could change if the forecast is better for the Monday.
                    More cars on the Marlin stand on Sunday as members come for the AGM and judging of cars etc
                    regards
                    Liz

Comment

Hi all, I did stay over until Tuesday once. You will find that the elves start packing up the showground at around 1600 on Monday which includes all the dustbins, enclosures and signs. The ablutions stay open though. I was the only one there for as far as the eye can see. I felt a bit on my own if it came to any wandering vagabonds. If you stay at the main camping area which is about 500 metres from the Marlin stand then that is fairly populated over the Monday night with mainly exhibitors, tired from packing up their stands getting ready for an early start. Buddy and I left at about 1800 on the Monday last year and had an easy fast ride home to Cornwall - everyone was in a huge jam going the other way on the M5 !
                      Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Hi Dane,
                        Hope you are coming this year?
                        Danny.

Comment

Hi All,
                          Will be there for the first time, have booked in to the same B&B as Dave C. Look forward to meeting everyone.
                          Cheers
                          Steve Lilley (Roadster)

Comment

Indeed, and must have buddy for the evening entertainment!

Originally posted by danny.nelson View Post
                            Hi Dane,
                            Hope you are coming this year?
                            Danny.

Comment

Hi Danny & Dave, I have a ticket, tent and chill blane powder so intend to make it for Sat night, leaving on Monday late PM. I don't know why Marlins try to be awkward but two years ago I finished a big repair on the exhaust after my manifold cracked. I finished this job on the Saturday morning prior to setting off to Stoneleigh that day.Now, with two weeks to go, one of the downpipes has broken. I hope to have all the bits to weld up a repair and an improved system. It will be a laugh if the bits don't arrive until Friday and I'm welding away on the Friday night with Stoneleigh being the test drive, as before! It's like Deja Vu all over again (not original, its a football managers quote from this year )
                              Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Working...
                              X