Scottish Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottish Weekend

We are in the final planning stage of the Scottish weekend 23rd,24th & 25th May. It will help if you could let us know if you are thinking of coming. Camping available in paddock. BBQ Fri night, meal Sat night at Kirkton House and pub meal Sunday night.
    The Saturday run goes through Glen Coe and is about 180 mls. Sunday run through Trossochs to a whiskey distillery. Day visitors welcome but we need to know so we have enough routes and booking for lunches etc. See magazine for email address for me.
    regards
    Liz

Re: Scottish Weekend

"Rally Plaque" for the Scottish Run
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi, am thinking of coming would you know the nearest b&b ,? to old to camp,regards Derek.

Comment

If you key in B&B Cardross there are one or two. Helensburgh is quite near and Dumbarton also near.
        Hope this helps.
        regards
        Liz

Comment

Derek
          If you are coming please let me know so I can send menu and further details. Email address in mag. I need to book places for lunch and distillery tour etc too.
          regards
          Liz

Comment

We're on the way, but Alan and Geoff were diverted !
            Attached Files

Comment

Big thanks to everyone for making it a great weekend, especially Doug and Liz for all the organisation, and Stewart and Gillian for putting us up - or putting up with us! Nice to see all the Classics too! Thanks for the good wishes, and hopefully we'll see you all soon. Dave & Caroline.

Comment

Terrific weekend, wonderful hosptality, great people, both familiar faces and new ones too. My thanks also to Stewart & Gillian, Doug and Liz for making it such a success. Regards David

Comment

Absolutely wonderful weekend , fantastic scenery and the best of company. Thank you Stewart and Gillian for being great hosts and Doug and Liz for the organisation. Regards Alan and Alison

Comment

Just home via Dunfermline 30 mins ago. It's all been said already, so please add our thanks to everyone.

Some pics : Seen here posing with the Maroon Marauder, Tim's Roadster was taken out of storage and given a little
                    TLC (we even fixed the front number plate) and the car performed admirably on both runs.

You will note from their clothing that some people are more hardy than others

The gaggle of cars were at Aberfoyle, and the line up at Inverary Castle

Rgds DC
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by dcunn; 28-05-14, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Cracking weekend thanks to everyone. Got home late yesterday afternoon after a very wet Cannock. The muddy maroon marauder!!
                      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Just got home today (Sun) from the Scottish weekend after touring Northumberland - a total of 1600 miles door to door. As has already been said, many thanks to Doug & Liz for organising the weekend and to Gillian & Stewart and their family for their excellent hospitality. Roll on next year.

Comment

We are finally back from Scotland. (having left FMB on its trailer at Kirton House til the 8th June)

Many Thanks to Stewart and Gillian for hosting the weekend and Doug and Liz for all their work.
                          We had a great time, with good company and Marlin drives and I believe The Lady of the house at Inverary was seen posing in front of her house by the assembled cars!
                          Incidently the Malt I bought at the distillery was mostly consumed with my friend on the Islands

FMB went better as the days went on but it has hardly done any drives this year so was probably a bit looser as the time went on.

After discussions with Stewart on the Monday most left but Ben and us went down the Cowel peninisular and I am just about to contact Mount Stuart on the Isle of Bute to see if we can visit there over the weekend.

Comment

Arrived home yesterday after doing 1975 miles. Bluebelle performed well towing caravan all the way up to John o' Groats and back.
                            Glad everyone enjoyed it. We did.

Heard yesterday that no sports cars can have towing brackets nowdays. Anyone heard this? I think they mean modern not 21 year olds like Bluebelle.

regards
                            Liz

Comment

Back yesterday from Jersey. Another 500 miles added to the almost 1000 on Scottish trip. Next stop Suffolk.

Comment

Working...
                              X