Car Galleries are live !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Car Galleries are live !

Removed pic of unknown Roadster Merseyside Feb 2012, car now confirmed as RSK 545W

Comment

I have just spent an enjoyable half hour on a sunday morning with a nice cup of coffee browsing the roadster collection. I only got half way through but I was amazed to see that virtually no two cars are the same. I am now contemplating even more mods for my own roadster...the wife will be pleased. many thanks DC for all the work you have done.

Comment

I had not looked at the Galeries before so I naturally thought I would go to the Cars tab on the top ribbon. Not so, that's 404!
        Eventually found them under Club History!
        I think some editing is needed to remove the 404 error and make the galleries more visible.

Also is it possible to jump through the galleries by several pages? Finding a Q plate car takes quite a while clicking.
        MOC member since 05/97
        1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
        1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
        Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Should be all updated now with additional link in the forum menu direct to the photo galleries. Anyone interested in the code changes can view the pagesource and will need to look in the navcontainer div. Simples.

Gallery searching script still being researched. Now off to tesco to do the shopping.
          Last edited by cameronfurnival; 25-05-14, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Have also scaned Berlineta photos at ease and supprized found two of mine, Picture No 157 previous owners when newish and two year ago now mine Picture No 245.
            Any chance I can have a newer one in to replace 245 ?.

Comment

send one in to DC

Comment

Originally posted by stevejgreen View Post
                Finding a Q plate car takes quite a while clicking.
                I have now re-hashed the search plugin so you should be able to find a car simply by clicking on the magnifying glass (search) at the top of the Photo Galleries pages and enter partial reg numbers.
                Last edited by cameronfurnival; 28-05-14, 05:52 PM. Reason: added hyperlink

Comment

Just catching up after Scotland...great job Cameron, much better than it was !

Rgds DC

PS to Fred and all who would like pics uploaded, please send them to me !

Comment

Originally posted by cameronfurnival View Post
                    I have now re-hashed the search plugin so you should be able to find a car simply by clicking on the magnifying glass (search) at the top of the Photo Galleries pages and enter partial reg numbers.
                    Great, it means I have found my car rather than scroll towards the end of the Q plates.
                    MOC member since 05/97
                    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
                    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
                    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
                    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Well done Cameron,
                      43 pages of Roadster thumbnails means 860 photos!
                      That's a huge labour of love on its own without the other galleries.
                      I know how time consuming web albums are to organise / upload - so a repeated 'well done'.
                      Brian

Learning more about:
                      June '73 Marina based Mk2 Roadster
                      1800 TC; 4 speed gearbox; 4.55:1 differential with 4.5pcd (the rare one!)

Another interest -www.somersetschoolsathletics.org.uk
                      And another - 'Tractor Doctors' skittle team

Comment

Being a car anorak I visit quite a few club websites and ours is the best I have come across. The gallery pages were a big undertaking and the new search facility is a great improvement. Thanks to everyone who has given their time and skills.
                        Roadster MKII LWB. Built 1988. Marina 1.8TC based. B Series 1950cc engine fitted with twin SU HS4 carburetors and unleaded, big valve head. 4 core Austin Maxi radiator. All Marina 1.8TC running gear including 4 speed gearbox. Minilite style 15"wheels fitted with tall tyres to increase gearing for more relaxed cruising.

Comment

Great set of photo's and a well organised gallery, well done!

But there is an imposter in the Sportster section.
                          HVS440 is in fact a Dunsmore Special and not a Marlin Sportster. (in the 3rd row on page 2)

It's another Alfa Romeo inspired special....so easily confused.
                          (For those interested.... http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/foru...ad.php?p=16486 )

Comment

Impostor duly removed, thanks for the heads up Peter. Must try harder !

What a cracking looking car it is though, saw it at Stoneleigh this year

BTW I added a few more Roadster pics last night, 5 more dashboards and 15 views
                            of some "dramatically different" Roadsters. In many cases these are now second
                            pictures of these cars, but they all are sufficiently different from "normal"
                            Roadsters to justify it.

DC

Comment

Thanks, DC.

Comment

Roadster Dashboards are now in their own separate gallery

DC

Edit 05 June, Mike Garner has identified Dashboard 1 as Q739 BAL...it is one of his pics anyway
                                Gallery is amended, many thanks Mike
                                Last edited by dcunn; 05-06-14, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X