Who is going to Stoneleigh ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is going to Stoneleigh ?

As subject asks, who is going this year ?.

I shall be attending on the Sunday for what may well be my last visit as a Kit Car owner, I shall still be going to other shows at this venue (Triumph + Restoration shows)

After 30 years (very nearly - a few months short) of ownership & membership, I have finally decided enough is enough.

When the insurance runs out in the summer (August) I will be declaring SORN and after Stoneleigh my Roadster will be for sale.

Neil.

Re: Who is going to Stoneleigh ?

Sorry to hear that Neil...especially as yours is one of those cars that has provided inspiration for my own mods over the years.
    I'm sure you won't have any trouble when it comes to finding an appreciative new owner for her.

In answer to the question, planning to be there on the Sunday but not sure whether to stay over...gets a bit cold in the tent this time of year.
    Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
    Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Hi Neil
      Your Roadster won a glass last year. See Doug & collect.
      regards
      Liz

Comment

Ok Liz, I'll try & catch hold of Doug.

Does seem a shame I know, but - I find it's not comfortable, feels every bump in the road, very drafty and damn near impossible to get in/out with the hood up.

I much prefer riding about in the classics nowadays, proper folding hood, comfortable, proper heater, electric windows
        , loads of storage space for touring and not drafty even with the hood down - plus of course the sound of the V8.

A sign of getting older I suppose.

I will have no intention of giving the Roadster away I can assure everybody.

I have no plans to be putting it on eBay either this year - I hate the tyre kickers and all the other numpties !.
        I'm not saying everyone is like that though, but eBay does seem to attract 'em.

I have the space to store it, so will hold out for what I think it's worth.

Neil.

Comment

Hi Neil
          Sounds like a case for a Cabrio??(not mine though I love it too much!!)
          And of course there are V8's out there
          My wife and I have toured France and Spain two years running for 2/3 weeks at a time,so even room for enough luggage to keep "the management happy"
          Either way good luck in the future
          Bryan
          Stapley Bryan

Comment

Working...
          X