dolomite sprint wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dolomite sprint wheels

hi. has anyone fitted dolomite sprint wheels to a roadster with marina front suspension? the problem I have is the wheel touches the calliper. I have seen marlins with these wheels on and they look very good.

Re: dolomite sprint wheels

The problem is the wheel offset isn't correct.
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Originally posted by rayhiscocks View Post
      hi. has anyone fitted dolomite sprint wheels to a roadster with marina front suspension? the problem I have is the wheel touches the calliper. I have seen marlins with these wheels on and they look very good.
      Can you fit spacers to achieve clearance?

Have a look in the Gallery section:

Home
      - Marlin History
      -Galleries
      - Roadsters

Its a bit tedious to work your way through but I reckon there are at least 5 Roadsters with Sprint wheels in the first 20 pages!
      Last edited by Mike; 29-04-14, 10:08 PM.

Comment

I bought a set of 5 Dolomite Sprint polished alloy wheels after being told by their previous owner, a Marlin owner that they would fit. I found the same problem, the inside of the wheel rubbed on the caliper, my Roadster is Triumph Herald based. I wonder if some Roadsters have been fitted with different calipers. My car was fitted, when bought 3 years ago, with Ford Minilite wheels with adaptor plates to change the PCD. When I looked into the offset, Herald offset 20mm, Sprint offset 35mm I did not proceed any further as spacers plus new wheel nuts would be needed. A picture of my car is on the Marlin Gallery, my red Roadster is around No 143, on show at Exeter Kit Car Show last year. David.

Comment

Triumph/Hybrid roadsters could have different disc diameters and hence caliper position, depending on the donor.

Comment

Working...
          X