Marina front hubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marina front hubs

Along with the top ball joint MoT failure was a rough hub bearing. For some reason I had two bearing kits in my spares box, so one was duly used with the usual careful adjustment. All seemed fine until the retest when a huge amount of play revealed itself. Back home, more adjustment, a few short runs up and down the drive but no improvement. Eventually I took the hub off again and checked the new bearings. The small outer bearing bore the same (tiny) number as the original, but the larger inner bearing was different by a couple of transposed digits. The new bearing i/d was larger by about 0.5mm which meant that no matter how carefully I adjusted it there would always be play as the bearing is loose on the stub axle. Fortunately my second new bearing set has the same numbers as the original, and after installation all seems to be ok. Another MoT coming up on Friday, full fee payable. Fingers crossed!

Re: Marina front hubs

Passed this time.

Comment

Well done. I wonder where the rogue bearing came from?

Comment

Originally posted by stevejgreen View Post
        Well done. I wonder where the rogue bearing came from?
        Well if it was the same supplier that I used last year anything is possible, not only was the bearing a completely wrong application it was someone's old used one they had put back in the box.
        Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Working...
        X