Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marina brake master cylinder

Hi all
    Where is the best place to get hold of a marina tandem master cylinder (servo type).
    best regards neil

Re: marina brake master cylinder

I might have one on the shelf in the garage Neil. what is your exact type?

Comment

My understanding is that the original Dual Circuit Master Cylinder was 37H8710 superseded by GMC148 superseded by GMC176. I have no information on the actual differences.
      My guess is they are particularly rare, Rimmer Bros may be able to help at extortionate prices. There may be someone over on FastMarina who has a reliable source.

If someone can help with the standard bore of a Dual master cylinder, the following Landrover parts will match a Marina Servo,

1.00" (25.4mm) bore Girling 4008161 (Landrover GMC319 or 90577520)
      15/16" (23.8mm) bore Girling/TRW 4007184 (Landrover NRC9529)
      7/8" (22.2mm) bore Girling/TRW 4006200 (Landrover GMC320 or 569671)

Comment

Hiya

Not cheap but available @ Earlparts

Comment

Hi
          Thanks for the quick response. Girling number on the side is 6467891220190 3/4 bore, 3 and 3/16 hole centres, front outlet 1/2 UNF. rear 3/8 UNF.
          Many thanks neil
          Attached Files

Comment

the one I have has the following casting mark on its length: GIRLING 64678912.1.Q182 and it has a yellow plastic band around it saying 66208 01 38/62 23PQ Im pretty sure its for a marina with split circuits and servo.

marinamcyl1.jpg

marinamcyl2.jpg

marinamcyl3.jpg
            Last edited by cameronfurnival; 08-06-14, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kirton View Post
              Hi
              Thanks for the quick response. Girling number on the side is 6467891220190 3/4 bore, 3 and 3/16 hole centres, front outlet 1/2 UNF. rear 3/8 UNF.
              Many thanks neil
              That makes the standard and Dual/Twin circuit both 3/4" (19mm)
              Can't help with Girling numbers, can't find my books!

Comment

Cameron kindly supplied me with another unit, but I am still having problems. Has anybody fitted a newer setup to the Marina pedalbox.
                Neil

Comment

Hi Neil, I have just fitted a Peugeot 205 Servo and Master cylinder to my roadster which had the Marina pedal box. Needed an adaptor plate and clevis extension but fitted in well and brakes are much better than they ever were.servo2.jpg
                  Last edited by Emily; 07-07-14, 07:16 AM.

Comment

That's an interesting mod. I notice that it has four connections but you have used a tee-piece so I was wondering how you had it plumbed in?
                    Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Hi Andy the front two ports are piped individually to each of the front disc calipers but the rear two ports are tee'd together as the rear axle only has a single pipe feeding it. Brake balance still seams to be ok.

Comment

Im in the process of doing this conversion , the information and photos on this post are a brilliant guide, adaptor plate all made and fitted . how did you extend the pushrod/clevis to get it to reach the pedal? I tried welding an extension to the pedal but it puts the movement in the wrong part of the arc so although the push rod move inwards it also goes upwards significantly. Advice on how its done would be great

Comment

Working...
                        X