fuel pump 1.8 "b" series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel pump 1.8 "b" series

hi all, the mechancil fuel pump has failed (2nd) time. so i am thinking of fitting a facet solid state instead.has anyone done this,and how sucessful was it.which model of pump,do you needa regulater?.where &how do you fit it at the rear of the car,and does it have to be at the level of the bottom of the fuel tank. or would fitting a "mini fuel pump be a better option. thanks for help. regards bob.

Re: fuel pump 1.8 "b" series

I don't think location is too critical - on a stock 1.8 I have run the basic cuboid-shaped Facet pump both under-bonnet (mounted on the A series chassis bracket) & at the rear (on the bulkhead) with no discernible difference. Just keep it relatively low down.
    A regulator is a good idea.
    Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
    Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

this is my setup. The pump should ideally push fuel rather than pull it but it seems to work ok. I also made a little heat shield out of ally plate.

singleSU.jpg

Comment

Replacement fuel pumps may have been New Old Stock, and not fitted with the current Ethanol fuel resistant rubber. Replacements can be found at Burlen Fuels. It might be worth giving them a call.
        MOC member since 05/97
        1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
        1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
        Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Hi
          I had a small, about 2 inches cube, mitsubishi fuel pump on my B for a number of years. It sat inside the car just above the tank and never missed a beat in all the years I used it. It did not need a return pipe like some of the Facet pumps and seemed quite compatible with the demands of the 2 SU's
          Derek

Comment

thanks for info. bob.

Comment

Hi, I run a facet silver top electric pump on my 1.8 roadster with twin su's, it's fitted next to the tank and pushes the fuel foward, I don't have a regulator but maybe worth fitting

Comment

Working...
              X