WANTED!! - Marina MK1 Indicator switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WANTED!! - Marina MK1 Indicator switch

Desperately seeking a MK1 Marina indicator stalk / switch. MOT on the 15th and I have no indicators or headlight flash. I have rebuilt mine several times but unfortunately the problem is that the terminals have worn down below the plastic so there is now no contact made.
    Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
    - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Re: WANTED!! - Marina MK1 Indicator switch

As a temporary measure you could wire in a easily available two way switch for the indicators I don't think main beam flash is a requirement.
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Hi Jon,

I think I still have the one I took off when I fitted a Ford column. The stalk has been shortened because I had a 11" dia wheel at the time. Do you want to send a pic so I can be sure along with your address so I can send it to you. Email address in Pitstop.

Comment

Hi Jon,
        Don't bother with photo - fairly certain its the right one. If you email me your address I can post it Friday, otherwise it will be mid next week.

Comment

Hi Jon would this fit, item number on ebay 251582806435 rover Austin indicator switch.

Comment

might be time to start thinking about something more modern? I've been looking at a few different ones around the place and think that a renault megane might make for an option as an all in one (lights, indicators, wipers etc) or possibly "Corsa C" just for indicators ....

Comment

Hi Geoff,

Thank you for your help. I have sent you an email.

Rooha. I agree that modernisation is the way forward. However, the modern switch gear is all set up for low voltage / power. The Marina switch gear and complete wiring loom is set up for high power i.e. the power from the battery to the headlights / wiper moter / indicators etc goes directly through the column switch / dashboard wiring and switches. Modern cars make extensive use of relays so that all passenger cabin electrics are all low voltage / power for obvious safety reasons. To change to a Corsa column switch would require extensive re-wiring which although possible and within my skill set unfortunately is not within time scales and budget.

Jon
              Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
              - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

ah that makes sense. I'm currently working up the courage to do a full rewire of the rats nest so I've been focussing on newer stuff ....

Comment

If you are thinking of doing a full rewire then car builder solutions or Langys do modular systems http://www.langysrodshop.co.uk/wiring_kits.htm otherwise premier wiring do a conventional harness.
                  Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

that one from langy is exactly the one i have ! Its lovely as all the wires are actually labelled repeatedly along their length with what they are for so in theory its a very straightforward job...

Comment

hi Angus, the backing plate looks exactly the same.!
                      But the plugs are different to mine, and that one has one plug too many.!
                      i would like to get a Closer match, but i really feel i may have to go with your suggestion, and just modify to fit, because these kind of spares are very rare.
                      thanks for the reply mate.. much appreciated.!!

Comment

John, there are choices on ebay under "Morris Marina Indicator switch"

New is probably best as the used ones could be pretty old and worn by now

Send me info & pics, I may possibly have a plug which might be of use to you

DC

Comment

if it can help

Comment

Thankyou Kolmershlagjp...
                            those links you sent are different to mine, but thank you for your help.!
                            cheers
                            john

Comment

Working...
                            X