Tax exempt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tax exempt

I was given a Q plate which like many others I didn't question at the time so my v5 just shows the build date as the first registration so I think I'm out of luck.
    Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Hi Andy, when I bought Ruby my roadster it was on a Q. All I did was to make a comprehensive list of all the original donor car parts were used on the build,( I even went as far as bulbs, headlamp units ect). I also was lucky enough to have photos of the donor showing the redg number before stripping and when stripped. Took a while but patience paid off as they sent me a new age related number (To the donor), M.O.T. and V5 stating Marlin Roadster as make and model I must be honest I didnt hassle them too much but it was worth the wait. P.M. me and let me know where you are, my daughter lives in Fleet and i am up that way regularly, be nice to chat and swop notes in the White Lion maybe. Cheers Chris

Comment

It would seem they have used the old points system that allowed 5 points for the chassis or sub frames(not on the Marlin) , suspension 2, Axles 2, Transmission 2, Steering assembly 2, and the engine 1 point, All from the one donor. If you scored 8 or more you could keep the donor plate or an age related to it plate. My hybrid could only muster 7 points.
        Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

I'd only be able to a score 6 because the engine and gearbox came from a different donor.
          Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Working...
          X