Clear All

• can anyone help me?

hello! just brought my first marlin

im in need of
    : a bonnet for a marlin roadster
    : mgb engine and gearbox
    : all gauges for the dash
    : steering wheel

if anyone could help me out it would be great!

Re: can anyone help me?

welcome to the forum , you will be amazed at what people have stored away and I'm sure you will be getting a few offers too. The MGB engine is just a B series lump so you can find them on ebay occasionally too. Gauges are often old triumph spitfire or MGB ones but you can fit anything that takes your fancy - dont forget the sender units to match though. Many owners go for the mountney type wheel which will have a boss with six small nuts and bolts onto which the wheel bolts so again you will be able to find all sorts to fit. GOod luck - keep us posted with pics of your project - and dont forget to join the club and get access to old tech tips, pitstop magazine and build manuals

Comment

Morning, Ebay is your best bet, I've bought everything I was after from Ebay apart from some paint, the engines are on there regular as clock work, I saw a decent looking engine go for just £63.00 last week ( No guarantee though !) also plenty of gear boxes, 4 and 4 + overdrive £20.00 -- £150.00.

Comment

Hi

Have a look at this, it is a 'make offer' item. Bonnet, steering wheel.

Ebay 301224900298

Adrian

Comment

I've got a complete 1800 TC engine and (Marina) gearbox that is for sale. Still in my Roadster at present - ready to be removed but it's raining today !

Paul h

Comment

I take it that you have the DVLA paperwork for your car ???

Comment

Thanks everyone for getting back to me! I've had a look on eBay and found a few things I'm interested in the 1800 rc engine if you still have it composimmonite? Also I have all the paperwork

Comment

Originally posted by Marlinbrad View Post
                Thanks everyone for getting back to me! I've had a look on eBay and found a few things I'm interested in the 1800 rc engine if you still have it composimmonite? Also I have all the paperwork
                Engine now removed so you can have first refusal. I'm after £100 for the complete engine with gearbox and Marlin gearbox mount. Only thing missing is the air filters and points / condenser ! Haven't had it running but no reason to suspect any problems with it. Where in UK are you as might possibly be able to deliver if not too far away.

Paul H

Comment

Thankyou! I'll get back to you tomorrow if that's ok?

Comment

I have an almost complete lwb marina version available. Engine , gearbox, body panels,bonnet, dash panels, exhaust new propshaft, steering wheels, windscreen and many other miscellaneous parts.

for sale seperatly or all together.

I am near Reading if of any parts are of interest.

Dave

Comment

Hi Dave

Thank god you are near me.

If available, I would like the windscreen and a dash panel please.

Adrian

Comment

Adrian
                        message sent.

Dave

Comment

See you on Friday

Adrian

Comment

Originally posted by CompoSimmonite View Post
                            Engine now removed so you can have first refusal. I'm after £100 for the complete engine with gearbox and Marlin gearbox mount. Only thing missing is the air filters and points / condenser ! Haven't had it running but no reason to suspect any problems with it. Where in UK are you as might possibly be able to deliver if not too far away.

Paul H
                            Hi interested in the engine if still have it?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveTrials View Post
                              I have an almost complete lwb marina version available. Engine , gearbox, body panels,bonnet, dash panels, exhaust new propshaft, steering wheels, windscreen and many other miscellaneous parts.

for sale seperatly or all together.

I am near Reading if of any parts are of interest.

Dave
                              Hi Dave! Have you still got he bonnet for sale? Also interested in the steering wheels! Which ones do you have?

Comment

Working...
                              X