Incontinent Cabrio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incontinent Cabrio

What started as a great day out in David Siddals company on Monday walking the old tow path between Whatstandwell and Cromford ended with my Cabrio dumping a pool of coolant on my driveway. Hoping it was merely a issue with one of the hoses was quickly dismissed when an 1/8 in split in one of the radiator transfer tubes was discovered.
    So the past few days have been spent taking off the bonnet/side panels and front nose cone to access the radiator, which despite comments from others is not the worst of jobs. While the radiator was in the process of being repaired I took the opportunity of tidying up the pipework that runs from the thermostat housing to bottom of Radiator as it was this amalgamation of pipes and zip ties[ to hold the hoses away from moving parts] that caused the fretting.
    Also fixed the slight oil leak from the crankcase breather tube. For those not familiar with the M20 engine this consists of a spring loaded tube interconnecting the crankcase with the inlet manifold. General opinion is that it can only be removed /reinstalled with the inlet manifold also removed due to tight tolerance and the spring loading. Its difficult but not impossible, reinstalling with the spring held in compression with good old zip ties and cut away once the tube is in situ.
    Situation as of now is all back together, just awaiting new thermostatic switch for fan and the final hose to be fitted and bonnet back on.
    My dearly beloved back from trip to Rome tomorrow evening which is why I've been so busy in the garage and found time to bore you all with this account!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Incontinent Cabrio

Good job you saw the coolant.
    The fan warning lights on FMB are before the relay. Thus although they show the fan is working if the relay doesn't operate neither does the fan!
    I need to alter my wiring to get the feed to the warning lights after the relay.
    Hope the other half has had a good time.
    DJ

Comment

Re: Incontinent Cabrio

I know who to ask now when the front needs to come off mine to change the fan!!!

Comment

Working...
      X