Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ideal weekend to test for water leaks.!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideal weekend to test for water leaks.!!

Well what better day to test for water leaks.! Never used in the rain .... Just a Monsoon...flooded road on the way back from the pub too.
    Great bow wave couldn't see a thing wipers totally over come.
    Attached Files

Re: Ideal weekend to test for water leaks.!!

Great photo...did it leak?

Comment

Yes ,into the boot and n/s foot well.Plus a bit in the drivers footwell.
      may have cured the boot with foam sealing strip but foot wells may be more difficult.

Comment

Judy and I were caught in heavy rain last year, just imagine we cannot use the hood, [we are too large or too old, or both], wearing anoraks and towel over legs. At one stage I called into a garage to sit for a few minutes under their canopy and felt obliged to put in some fuel. When driving on, the rain came down even harder, just as much rain on the inside of the windscreen as outside, and Judy said "I need wipers on my glasses"!!!!!!!!!! Then the comment was my feet are feeling wet!!!!!!! Next day when I examined the cause of the water coming into the car, I found somebody had cut a hole in the tunnel to make room for the starter motor. I made a plate out of aluminium sheet with a bulge beaten in it to cover the starter motor and riveted it on with silicone underneath, result, no more wet feet. David.

Comment

It may come down from the heater fibre-glass moulding. This may not have been sealed onto the scuttle when the car was built.

Comment

Peter
            That is probably the first time its ever seen rain!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dogoncrazy View Post
              Peter
              That is probably the first time its ever seen rain!!!
              What a bloody shame terrible to see, it makes my blood boil :-( :-( :-(

Comment

Working...
              X