10cwt van axle - advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10cwt van axle - advice please

I am trying to source the large O ring that seals the half shaft flange to the hub flange. It is 3.25" diameter.
    can anyone offer any suggestions.
    Thank you
    Jonathan
    07740 740109

Re: 10cwt van axle - advice please

Presumably you are in search of ATB 7354. It was used in various locations, try Rimmerbros.co.uk or any MGA / MGB parts stockist.

If the real part cannot be found, you have a small possibility of getting a ready made part from the likes of Brammer.co.uk. There are maintenance kits out there that allow you to make up any size of O ring seal simply by cutting and super glueing the ends of round stock nitrile. I used to carry a set in my maintenance days and it got me out of trouble more than a few times.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

As far as I know they are the same on MGA and early MGB. I bought a set I think from the MG owners club.

Comment

Have a look on this site, I've had lots of seals and O rings from them and very good service.
        You just need to know the dimensions of what you want.

Comment

I have just edited the Rear Differential section of the Marina Oct 1975 on Parts Catalogue to include the Van Axle here
          MOC member since 05/97
          1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
          1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
          Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Working...
          X