Clear All

Re: Kit car shows ( or the lack of )

I will be there

Comment

Good to meet many of you today, thanks all for your warm welcome

Comment

What a great day at Donnington an excellent turnout ,it was good to meet everyone and chat and pick lots of brains for info on all the Marlin types.
        I hope you all have good weather on Sunday.

Comment

I was having a look and it appears that the only Kitcar show left by Grosvenor is Stoneleigh. Detling has apparently ended as it's not listed. Exeter has moved to Malvern and that appears to be the end of it. Newark has run its course.
          So apart from Donington that is not confirmed and Stoneleigh, that appears to be the end of the shows except for the local car clubs where the numbers may not be enough for some of the traders to attend.

What does the future hold?

Comment

A good point Nick, and one which the club is anxious about. If we don't get the chance to "show" then we lose our visibility to the wider public.

Comment

I think the classic car shows are perhaps the way to go in the future, this years Tatton Park event being a good example. A many and varied selection of interesting vehicles, plenty of trade stalls and the historic void between classics and kIt-cars seems to have dissappeared, in fact Marlins are achieving classic status in their own right. David

Comment

Working...
              X