Lifting vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifting vehicles

As I find I am falling to bits and suffer from a few problems with my back I was thinking about maybe making a ramp to lift the little marlin a bit higher off the ground. I have looked at all sorts of devices but wondered what other members use? Im thinking that something like the MR1 http://www.carlift-ramp-mr1.com/ sort of thing but engineered a bit better so it doesnt bend inthe middle might do the trick. thoughts?

Re: Lifting vehicles

There was a ramp, with a jack to lift it to the horizontal in a old Pitstop.
    Can you find it?

Comment

Yes, that was the one that I made up. Still use it and as my drive is a 1:7 slope can run the car on to it without having to raise the end and work under it with plenty of room.
      Must have been back in 2007, 2008 when I did the mag. article.

Comment

This is what I'm using, makes life a lot easier.....

Available on eBay, around £1000-1200, fully hydraulic and 'mobile' all be it very heavy but it can be moved.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by h.m.cumming1 View Post
          Yes, that was the one that I made up. Still use it and as my drive is a 1:7 slope can run the car on to it without having to raise the end and work under it with plenty of room.
          Must have been back in 2007, 2008 when I did the mag. article.
          Finally tracked it down to http://www.marlinownersclub.com/foru...5&d=1320759262

Comment

Thanks for tracking that down. I have reproduced the article below. Love that scissor lift...wonder if 'er indoors would mind? hmmm.

ramp1.JPGramp2.JPG

Comment

HI Cameron,

I made my own lift a few years ago, which I consider to be safer than the one above, as the base of the red type jack pivots on a pin (it was originally designed for uneven ground) but I found on a slight slope it made the ramp unstable when lifted. I used two agricultural trailer jacks instead.

Anyone is welcome to come and see my lift if they are considering this type of system.

Rob

Comment

Hi Rob,

Can you post some photos of the lift?
                Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Will try and sort some photos out over the next couple of days.

Rob

Comment

Here is a picture of one of the agricultural trailer jacks I used instead.

reardriverslift.jpg

Rob

Comment

See the broom has broken down again Rob!
                      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Working...
                      X