Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floor

Hi
    What is the recomendation on material to use on the floors. Stick with the plywood type or replace with steel or Aluminuim?
    If with plywood what is the best way to protect it , particular on the underside?

Re: Floor

Hi Dave,
    20 years ago when I built my roadster, I used Zinc Oxide Primer then Underseal (Black Waxoyl). It's just as good now as the day it was fitted. You probably won't be able to get zinc oxide primer any more though.

I've often thought about replacing the wood part of the floor panels with aluminium (to match the aluminium seat recesses) - but then I thought if it aint broke, don't fix it.

Comment

Hi Dave , If you want to replace your floor pan , the club have just purchased a load of spares from YKC and included are several metal [galvanised] floor pans to suit LWB roadsters . Contact Ben Caswell on 01322 553354. regards B. Gadd

Comment

Yep, plywood with yacht varnish all over and underseal on the outside - mine's all good too with no attention since the build in 1984 and many years un-garaged.

Comment

Working...
        X