Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ford Type 9 Gearbox bolted to a Marina engine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Type 9 Gearbox bolted to a Marina engine.

Back in 2008/2009 I had a brainwave, was it possible to fit a Type 9 gearbox to a Marina?

There were, and still are, many pro's and con's but I went ahead anyway.

An article was published in Pitstop, copied Pitstop April/May 2009 and a website with more detail created as well as more information on FastMarina. The full copy of Pitstop from April 2009 is here or there depending on how you look at it.

The project worked quite well and there is still an interest from Marina Based Kits Cars and from the Morris Marina Owners Club, I understand there is a Roadster being modified as I type. So after a hiatus of a few years, it was decided to make one last batch of the adaptor plates and fitting kits. These are now nearing completion.

If anyone is interested please get in touch via the website as it is set up to take orders etc.

As a secondary to this, the keen eyed amongst you will have noticed the date on the Pitstop article extract is April/May 2009 but the same page in the MOC Pitstop copy is Feb/March 2008. There is a typo on the MOC club Archive Copy!
    I have scanned my original copy of Pitstop April/May 2009, for my own personal use, and will share it on request here or there so that the MOC can publish their own , correct, copy. It's 10.3Mb so is not emailable using my current Internet Service Provider.

Re: Ford Type 9 Gearbox bolted to a Marina engine.

For completion I ought to refer to Jeremy Cox's TYpe 9 installation using the MGB bell housing from Frontline.
    It can be found here or there or an extract here or there

I had considered this option, but as it meant changing so many ancilleries i decided there had to be a better, simpler way.

Comment

Re: Ford Type 9 Gearbox bolted to a Marina engine.

My wife bought me one of these adapter plates for Christmas a couple of years ago.

By coincidence I collected the bellhousing to from the machine shop on the way home from work tonight after having it bored out drilled and counterbored for the selector rod.

Small break-through where the selector rod hole has been re-drilled to repair and a grind flats for two of the mounting bolts,then I will be able to trial fit it to to the engine.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X