Interesting brochure for sale on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting brochure for sale on ebay

Noticed this brochure Auto Forge ? Ebay 121437589596.
    One for any archive followers.
    I seem to recollect it from way back but have never thought the two were connected.

Re: Interesting brochure for sale on ebay

They are not connected the Marlin went commercial in 1979 the AF sports designed by David Pepper (inspired by the 1930's Squire) first made it in public at Mallory Park 1987 although the kit ended up being Ford based it kept the front Triumph suspension from its early roots which used all Triumph running gear.
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

The AF was a stunningly good looking car. Dave Pepper also had a band called The Axeman Cometh iirc and learned his car building skills from Haydn Davies who designed and built the Burlington berettas/ arrows, Dorian SS etc. Anyone fancy a pub quiz

Comment

Pub Quiz only if I can bring all my books with me!

Comment

have you finished colouring them in yet Ben?

Comment

There was an AF sports in the 'cherished ' car park at KOP on Saturday. Very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by cameronfurnival View Post
              have you finished colouring them in yet Ben?
              For once I am stuck for a reply!!

Comment

Originally posted by b.caswell View Post
                They are not connected the Marlin went commercial in 1979 the AF sports designed by David Pepper (inspired by the 1930's Squire) first made it in public at Mallory Park 1987 although the kit ended up being Ford based it kept the front Triumph suspension from its early roots which used all Triumph running gear.
                Ben, with your ref to the 1930s squire his great grandson James who lives in Carlisle was an ex Marlin owner and member who built the red roadster (1990/91) that I bought as my 1st Marlin. There was only 6 squire cars built and 5 of them are still active today in USA and Europe and the last one made over £1 million pounds a few years back. The old Mr squire was an ex Rolls Royce design engineer but was killed during the war. James spends some of holidays driving one of the squire cars across Europe every with one of the owners, and James has all the factory build plans and drawings of all the cars built.

Comment

Hi Bob, Now that is what I call colouring in. Amazing piece of information. One of my books is written by Reginald Slay who was the Managing Director it covers his time with Squire, it was a shame they never got really going after the war. Definitely one still on the road in the UK have just checked it with DVLA. Taxed till 2015.
                  Last edited by b_caswell; 24-09-14, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Hi All
                    To continue the "interesting Brochure" theme I saw this on eBay. I never knew the Marlin was sold in France. Maybe this could help Bouzirouge in getting his new purchase registered.

eBay Linky

Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
                    - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Love it especially the "CAS" connection.

Comment

Working...
                      X