GPS Speedometer (analogue)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GPS Speedometer (analogue)

Ben - response from speedhut on including the mileage - I am going to treat this as non tamper as they set it

Hello Alan,

Thank you for contacting us. You may request in the gaugenote when you place the order what setting you want for your mileage.

Rachel

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 8:42 AM
    To: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by jon.cox View Post
      Hi Scott. A few years ago at Stoneleigh I purchased an ISSPRO speed sensor from a company called Technisol. They have the one you describe on their website.

Thanks for that it looks the same. It's just something on the to do list and I've not done any serious searching other than a google for uk supplier which came up empty.

Comment

i have a speedhut analogue speedo fitted since around 1.5 years

the antenna has been placed on top of the (plastic) dash..

the only disadvanage is in tunnels and sometimes in the mountains as there isnt any GPS signal present..and the speedo drops to zero

but: no worn speedo cables, nor any fiddling with magnets on wheels or propshaft getting a signal for an electronic speedo , no wiring through the car for speedo sensor

would i buy it again? YES (i ordered another one this week for my seven-ish car)

Comment

Just a quick note for car builders, you will not get through IVA with a GPS speedo.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportster-Green View Post
            i have a speedhut analogue speedo fitted since around 1.5 years

the antenna has been placed on top of the (plastic) dash..

the only disadvanage is in tunnels and sometimes in the mountains as there isnt any GPS signal present..and the speedo drops to zero

but: no worn speedo cables, nor any fiddling with magnets on wheels or propshaft getting a signal for an electronic speedo , no wiring through the car for speedo sensor

would i buy it again? YES (i ordered another one this week for my seven-ish car)
            Thanks - this positive confirmation is appreciated
            Alan

Comment

Happy new year one and all

For those who maybe interested folowing the dialogue above I eventually fitted the GPS Speedhut speedo over Xmas - Total success it works brilliantly and has added features

Its constantly connected so always has a satalite connection so instant when you start car - it updates 4 times a second so needle moves just like a mech drive speedo and is instant.

I had it pre programed with old speedo milage

It has a small inset screen about size of an odometer space which shows multi functions (clock, trip, 0-60, compass, max speed etc).

No arkward mech cable to route and wiring was easy. The depth is also less so more room behind dash (although I had to enlarge original opening by a few mil)

In short well worth fitting - If I was building a car I would use as first choice

Thank you to those who input.

Comment

i have one of those speedhut isntruments fitted. so far i´m happy, as i was fed up with all those electronic speedos where you needed to fit magnets on the propshaft or whereever.

sure is: if you live in an area with weak GPS signals or if you often need to pass any tunnels...such a speedo isnt for you.

regarding mot: over here in germany if the tester recognizes that the speedo is a GPS type i, the car wont pass the test.

as speedhut is printing "GPS" in large letters on every speedo you need to pay attention.

i asked speedhut not printing the GPS logo on my ordered speedo..and they did it without any extra costs!! great service.

Comment

By pure coincidence I am working and living in Germany at the moment - Marlin not with me sorry to say.

Comment

Working...
                  X