Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Left hand drive Marlin Roadster, for sale in Canada!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left hand drive Marlin Roadster, for sale in Canada!

Did Marlin export left hand drive models as an option? Just noticed it's a 1994 so would that make it a YKC Marlin?

Last edited by David; 11-10-14, 09:12 AM.
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Re: Left hand drive Marlin Roadster, for sale in Canada!

Marlin Crediton had a lhd demonstrator in the late '90's, suppose to give the client a view from the driver's side!

Comment

Reg Nicholls had this LHD Alfa 1750 powered Roadster in Ontario, registration 666 JXP

DC
      Attached Files

Comment

I think I own that car .it is one of two in B.C.IMG_2352_Fotor.jpg
        Attached Files

Comment

Limited numbers of LHD Mainas were exported in kit format. You are more likely to find LHD racks, the most important part for a LHD Roadster in Canada, US, SA or Portugal than in the UK.
          MOC member since 05/97
          1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
          1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
          Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

That's a smart looking Roadster.
            - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
            - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
            - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
              That's a smart looking Roadster.
              Thank you, but the the original builder who bought the kit in 1992 and finished the car in 1994 deserves all the credit.I was very lucky to find it last year ,it had covered about 15,000 in it's life time I put 3000 more on in the year I have had it .I am semi retired buy still work at a hardware store 3 days a week and if the weather is good I take the long cut to work .Work is normally in bad weather about 20 minuets away but with the Marlin I leave about an hour early and take a much more scenic route Just wish I had either the ability to make a top or side screens or could find some as our winters are long and they would lengthen the driving season. I am thinking it might be easier to fashion a hard top that could be lifted on to the car.I have one laying around from an old MGB that I think I might cut up and play with to see if it is remotely possible .So far I have replaced the front bushings and a new steering wheel going from a 12 inch leather to a 13 inch wood rim and new brake pads .This is a great site you ask a question and you get well thought out answers I have just discovered a bloke who bought an original kit before YKC and had it shipped to Vancouver but never had time to finish it ,but now 30 years later with grand kids he has the time and looking for parts .He needs a rad and none of the old British cars are in our parts yards any more .His is Marina based ,any idea on what modern rad might fit?

Comment

There are various threads on here about radiators for Roadsters, I think a Honda Civic of a certain age is one.

Comment

Working...
                X