Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 speed gearbox

Hi all
    just started attempting fitting a type 9 gearbox to my 1600 crossflow. I have noticed that the bellhousing is somewhat diffrent on the 5 speed box compared to the 4 speed. the 5 speed is from a serria.also i have noticed that the hole for the release arm is in a diffrent place. is there diffrent types of bellhousing? can anyone help?
    thanks
    Bob

Re: 5 speed gearbox

Bob,
    Log on to www.locustenthusiastsclub.fs.net.co.uk/knowledgebase where you will find article on fitting 5speed to crossflow.Hope that may provide the answers to your problems.Good luck!

Comment

cheers Alan
      i have read the articles and i think that the bellhousing are a diffrent shape for diffrent engines, i was under the impression that they were all the same pattern. so its going to be a bit of a problem finding which one will fit the 1600 crossflow, a trip to the scrapyard is needed me think
      Bob

Comment

Hi Bob
        Me again,I'm getting as curious as you and came across another site www.morganownersclub.com.au/gearboxconversion.htm

Comment

Hi Alan
          tried the bellhousing and hey presto the 5 speed fits all except the shield between the box and the engine which needs modifiying to allow the starter motor to fit in a diffent position. found a clutch (one from a 1600 sierra)at carparts direct which is arriving on wed. i think this conversion will work. i will keep in touch and let you know how i get on
          cheers Bob

Comment

Working...
          X