Marlin Mon Amour Part 2 !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marlin Mon Amour Part 2 !!

Don't worry, taking the clamshell off is not that big a deal I did it last year. Was a good opportunity to repaint some of the difficult to reach bits of the chassis.
    Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

September 2016 update - not much done physically to the car - summer is all about the garden and days out in beautiful North Wales.. also fitting new roof panels on the garage roof and then a refit inside the garage before the rebuild begins..Lots of time spent thinking about the rebuild, the main problem is that when an Alfa engine is fitted to the marina chassis it puts the engine much to far forward causing the carbs to be right next to the engine side panels. Have seen some cars with the side panels cut out to get the carbs in.. When I built the first Alfa engined car my marina kit was supplied with a Triumph bulkhead and doing some accurate measuring it seems that using the Marina bulkhead it puts the engine, and more importantly the gear lever approx 10 inches further forward. So using the Triumph bulkhead means that I either use Triumph Herald pedal arrangemment or fit a race car floor mounted pedal assembly..First job while waiting for a nice day to change the roof panels is to build some stands to put the car on and drill out floor board screws and remove the alloy gearbox and propshaft tunnels , planning to have the rolling bare chassis ready to put the engine and g'box in place and the modified bulkhead by the end of October !!!

Comment

Well a nice collection of new body panels have arrived thanks to fellow member Jonathan Eades DHD 484V.. Should save time on the rebuild.
        Attached Files

Comment

Seems my car is a SWB not LWB ..

Comment

Hi,
            Nice engine!
            Shame about the low compression.
            Simple things first.
            I,m assuming these are under bucket shims for the followers?
            Are the clearances correct?
            I had a lotus once and for some reason the clearances would close up completely when hot even if measured correctly cold.
            Used to start ok then miss worse and worse as it warmed up.
            Just a thought.
            Tim

Comment

Working...
            X