Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice - who can I contact?

A few questions I'd appreciate some advce on guys:

-I am possibly looking to have the front wheel studs replaced with ones around 3/8" longer, does anyone know a company who is known to do this work?
    -The hubs on my Roadster are from a 1980 1.7 Marina, are other hubs the same from other models/mks?
    -Anyone have a spare pair of hubs they would consider selling/shipping to Derby?

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

Re: Advice - who can I contact?

Don't have any contacts but any classic-friendly workshop should be able to sort you out.
    It should be possible as a DIY job; given a decent vice you should be able to press the studs out & insert the new ones.

See

Last edited by lil_red_roadster; 25-10-14, 11:32 AM.
    Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
    Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Would these suit your needs here or there if you want 3/8" thread
      Alternatively look at what is available for a Dolomite Sprint here or there but 7/16" thread

Lots of different suppliers are out there for modified Triumphs.

Comment

I'm not familiar with the Marina specifically but any time I have needed to change wheel studs on other cars this is what I have done. Remove the wheel then put a nut on the stud just flush with the end to protect the threads. Then a few big hits with a hammer and the stud should pop out. To replace the stud use the wheel nut and some washers to pull the stud into position.

Comment

Originally posted by scott h View Post
          I'm not familiar with the Marina specifically but any time I have needed to change wheel studs on other cars this is what I have done. Remove the wheel then put a nut on the stud just flush with the end to protect the threads. Then a few big hits with a hammer and the stud should pop out. To replace the stud use the wheel nut and some washers to pull the stud into position.
          The method described works, but I would always prefer to fit the new studs off the car using a hydraulic press. They need to be pressed all the way home, you can't rely on the wheel nuts to do the job thoroughly. Equally depending on the location, especially the rears on a Marina, there is limited space to insert a longer than standard stud.

Comment

I have Freelander studs for my Marina based Roadster. Another forum said they were a straight swop plus longer (I need 10mm spacers for the MFG steel wheel clearance) and larger thread dia
            Got mine off eBay.

Paul H

Comment

Originally posted by CompoSimmonite View Post
              I have Freelander studs for my Marina based Roadster. Another forum said they were a straight swop plus longer (I need 10mm spacers for the MFG steel wheel clearance) and larger thread dia
              Got mine off eBay.

Paul H
              Freelander are 12mm threads. They might not fit some wheels.

Comment

You could try www.mistertee.co.uk for Marina wheel studs of all lengths.
                Phil

Comment

I have these if you want them. 10mm spacers with extra long 3/8" studs (the OD of the splines is 10.4mm). I bought them for my roadster but didn't fit them for some reason, can't remember why! I was going to put them on Ebay but know I'll never get round to it, and I would rather they were put to "Marlin" use. I'm not that far from you, just up the A38 (NG17 9HS in the evenings, or NG21 9RN during the day).
                  DSC_0224[1].jpg
                  I think I remember why I didn't use them. If I remember correctly the splines on the marina studs are 13mm.
                  Last edited by twissy; 26-10-14, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Beware the use of spacers on a Standard Marina hub.
                    Standard Marina wheels are designed to centre on the hub shoulder. The studs alone at 3/8" are designed to hold the wheel onto the hub, not to centre the wheel as well!

Comment

Working...
                    X