Warning Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning Light

Can someone help before I lose the rest of my hair; why will my ignition warning light not illuminate? I have good battery voltage and also at the input to the bulb holder. With the bulb in the holder I have battery voltage through the bulb at the output side and at the input to the alternator. It is not the bulb as I have tried 4 all of which work across the battery. With my voltmeter across the battery and while cranking the battery voltage dips and rises as the engine speed increases to about 14.8 volts - all appears as expected.

So at the moment I am running with no warning light and am not too worried as the battery is receiving its charge.

May thanks Roger

Re: Warning Light

Early morning thought is that whilst you have a feed to the bulb holder, it has lost its negative return.
    there will probably be better replies as the sun is just coming up and I have not had my coffee yet.
    Last edited by stevejgreen; 03-11-14, 09:23 AM.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Morning Roger,

It could be that one of the diodes in the alternator has blown or the regulator is on its way out. What kind of readings do you get if you switch on all the electrics in your car and check voltage at tick over and higher revs. Do not run the indicator lamp wire to earth.

Comment

Originally posted by phil.coyle View Post
        Morning Roger,

It could be that one of the diodes in the alternator has blown or the regulator is on its way out. What kind of readings do you get if you switch on all the electrics in your car and check voltage at tick over and higher revs. Do not run the indicator lamp wire to earth.
        Oops, I warned you it was early morning!. But from memory you have a Zetec with an Omex under the bonnet of your Berlinetta.
        MOC member since 05/97
        1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
        1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
        Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

I had this fault on my Berlinetta, it was a alternator regulator fault. Cost £35 at my local auto electrician.

Comment

Same here, seems that they don't like not being used for a while!
            Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Working...
            X