Water temperature switch, screen waser bottle, thermostat and radiator cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water temperature switch, screen waser bottle, thermostat and radiator cap

I discovered my radiator fan (electric and proven working) is not coming on. Does anyone know the correct temperature switch for a Ford DOHC 2.0 EFi (type N9A engine) ? While I am tinkering with the coolant system, does anyone know the correct thermostat and, if it is not exorbitant I might change the water pump as it has started to 'whistle'. They say things go wrong in 3's. The radiator had to be swapped a while back, the fan isn't behaving and now I have found a worn hole in the screen washer bottle so I need one of them as well.

Re: Water temperature switch, screen waser bottle, thermostat and radiator cap

That's quite a list! I need to change my water pump at some point, it's developed a small leak. I'm not looking forward to it as I'm sure at least one of the bots will be seized after 30 years!
    Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Originally posted by andyf View Post
      That's quite a list! I need to change my water pump at some point, it's developed a small leak. I'm not looking forward to it as I'm sure at least one of the bots will be seized after 30 years!
      The problem with the water pump is that all the major breakers around here won't split them from an engine. Anyway, it i s probably best to shoot for a new one as there is no guarantee that a s/h replacement will be any better - assuming it is possible to get a new one.

Comment

88 degrees
        The water pump should be available from eurocarparts
        iirc you will may need a large O ring too.
        Going to be a bugger to get at unless you have three elbows Keith! Good luck

Comment

Working...
        X