X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Au travail, camarade :-)

Hello all

No need for translation of the title!

Here we are, the yellow 1984 Roadster sleeps since last saturday in my warm and dry garage, a 300 Km journey from Dijon where car was delivered by trailer from germany.

After an apocalyptic 100 Km stage under a real storm, with intermitent wipers and random lighting with twilight comming, finally we reached home safe.

So what is the real shape of this beauty ?

Well nothing is really destroyed, but everything is to be refurbished, she's aged 30 and was a little bit neglected

The Kent 1600 / Weber /KN runs very well, the steering is precise and direct (Triumph rack).

Loom is applied quantum mechanics (sudden appearence of incompatible and unpredictable states when system is perturbated) and the brakes are mostly a question of faith and gardian angel.

They would both be rebuild from new this very winter.

Surprisingly, the Morris Marina front disks and pads are still available at oscaro.com for cheap and next day delivery, even if the car is nearly 40 years old, same for WIPAC headlights not yet discontinued.

I'll shoot as many pictures as possible when work begins, this is another... (re)build diary!

Stay tuned

Regards,
    Christophe.

Re: Au travail, camarade :-)

Great news that it got there safely Christophe and good luck with your restoration. I'm sure it will be interesting. I wonder if you could fit a ducatti engine in there????

Comment

Re: Au travail, camarade :-)

Hello Cameron

Unfortunately it would be the worst case: L shaped Ducati engines with internal gearbox and chain final drive.

But a BMW flat twin would do the job by connecting the drive shaft of the car to the output shaft of the gearbox

With a custom made reducting gear box and something for reverse...

Regards,
      Christophe.

Originally posted by cameronfurnival View Post
      Great news that it got there safely Christophe and good luck with your restoration. I'm sure it will be interesting. I wonder if you could fit a ducatti engine in there????

Comment

Working...
      X